Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Does exactly what it was purchased for.
By Fred Sharshel

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my 2008 F350 DRW 6.4 twin turbo diesel 3 years ago with 67000 miles on it. Purchased to pull a 38', 13000# fifth wheel both on short trips to the lake and longer cross country trips. The truck now has 79000 miles on it with about 90% of them pulling the fiver and the observations are as follows: 1) Fuel economy sucks, with (9 mpg) or without (12 mpg) the trailer. 2) With the Lariat trim package, leather, etc., interior comfort and appointment are like sitting in the family room at home. 3) More than enough power and road stability to pull 13000+# regardless of conditions or locations, has seen the plains, mountains and deserts, on interstate, U.S. and state highways as well as county roads, city streets and dirt country roads across 16 states and just keeps on going like a dream. Have 2 more trips, 10 more states and about 6000 more miles planned this summer and have had no experiences that would lead me to expect anything different. and 4) maintenance and repair costs have been minimal and limited to standards scheduled trips to the dealers quick lube location.

Have owned Dodge, Chevy and Ford trucks (mostly Ford) ( currently also own 2009 F150 STX extended cab w/90000 one owner miles), from half-ton to one ton and this one has done nothing but solidify my feelings that Ford is "Built Tough" and will continue to be the truck that graces my driveway.

Super Dooty
By rickivie1@hotmail.com

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased my 2008 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L Diesel one year ago with 91,000 miles, not bad for a diesel. Blood red, dark tint, black wheels, leather interior, 6” lift, the works. CarFax was 100% clean with regular maintenance at dealerships and only two previous owners here in sunny Arizona.

WORST VEHICLES HANDS DOWN THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!

I have previously owed 2 Super Duty’s and both had the V10 in them and also owned one F150. Two with 6” lifts and the other with an 8” lift. First off the V10 never let me down, never broke down or stranded me and had decent pulling power. Those V10’s are bullet proof. Had no issues with the F150 either…

Let me list all the issues with my new Super Duty and diesel engine in last 10 months:

• Fan Clutch went out
• Both (yes 2) ERG coolers out
• Injectors went out
• Fuel dumped in to oil
• Coolant burned up in ERG’s
• Steering box …out…had it replaced
• Back up sensors…out
• 4X4 won’t engage
• All controls on steering wheel quit working….. completely out
• Random sensors go out shutting down both turbos and putting truck in limp mode. One time shut down while heading up North.
• And those F’ing rear seat shoulder belts rattling on the plastic

This truck is a piece of crap that has cost me over $5,000 in repairs within 10 months of owing it. As soon as I cut a check to the repair shop for $1,500 on this round of repairs…driving straight to a dealership and trading it in. Feel sorry for the next fool that gets this truck.

Poor rust protection
By Mike moll

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

No matter what I do or how hard I try...it looks like rust will be the victor. no zinc plating anywhere, losts of exposed metal

v-10 power

ford should spend the extra dime to rust treat these vehicles

My 08 Power Stroke
By sdman1

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

10-24-2014
I purchased my 2008 F350 With a 6.4L Power Stroke in March of 2007 with 25 miles on it. I Traded my 2000 F250 With a 7.3 Power Stroke for it and Have NEVER regretted it. It now has 82,000 on it and I have not had any Problems with it.... it has Spent its Life Pulling Trailer all Over Gods Country and as NEVER let me down or Left me on the Side of the Road. There is a Reason FORD is the #1 Truck in the Country.
My Work Truck is a 2008 F250 SD with a 6.4L and has 218,000 original trouble free miles on it and going Strong. ALL Manufactures have Problems with there Products but as far as I'm Concerned I will NEVER buy Another Brand of Truck!!!!!!

Power Stroke Engine, Roomy Interior and Ability to Tow just about anything you want.

Emission System... as with all Tier 3 engines it is not this trucks Crowing Feature. I rated Performance at a 4 because of this.

2008 Ford F350 Superduty Diesel 6.4 liter FX4
By drooster3

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Let me first say that when this truck is running well, I love it. It has tons of power and the interior is all leather. Its the most loaded truck I've ever owned. Unfortunately, it has a lot of problems. I bought it used with about 120,000 miles on it which I thought was decent mileage considering its diesel. At 135,000 miles, I replaced the starter followed shortly by the engine. After that, it was the clutch fan, a short in the electrical system, and numerous other problems including the latest where the hydro boost for the brakes over heated and took out the power steering pump costing $1700. Total repair cost in 45,000 miles has been over $23,000. Trading it off on a new Tundra

Really like the high quality materials used in the interior. It has power driver and passenger seat, which I've never had in a truck before. I quite often refer to it as my Cadillac. It has lots of power and the times I've needed it as a workhorse, it seems pretty good.

This truck has serious reliability issues. Not only is it really expensive to fix, its also really inconvenient for it to be in the shop for a couple days every 5 or 6 weeks. The paint has a lot of chipping. It has persistent problems. The window motor on the passenger side works sporadically. The cruise also doesn't work all the time. I've replaced one rear axle seal 4 times. I'm very disappointed. I thought this truck would last me at least another 100,000 miles after I bought it and after putting on 45,000, I'm trading it off. I'm upside down on my loan but I just can't afford to keep repairing it.