2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
08 F-350 6.4 Diesel
By spartan6delta on 09/15/14 02:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Have been in love with Super Duty Trucks for years after buying a 32' camper decided it was time to finally get one. Not a rich guy so I bought used with 125,000 miles on it. 6" lift 37" inch tires, a real monster truck. After less than 2 months and under 3,000 miles replaced a radiator, radiator hose and also have blown head gaskets. The mechanics are determining if the oil cooler and EGR coolers are bad as well. Lucky me got an extended warranty, however if the heads are cracked we are looking at a 8,000.00 bill. I have loved Fords my whole life but if you want a heavy duty reliable truck to last you past 100,000 miles go get a 2013 or 2014 Ram Diesel.

Not So Super Duty
By notsosuperduty on 06/01/14 15:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My F350 "Super Duty" Lariat OffRoad 4X4 with the 6.4L Powerstroke has been a bitter sweet experience. At 40K miles I was washing the undercarriage after driving in deep mud. After the wash (where I never lifted the hood) the truck would not start. Dealer said water got into the Trans Control Module, which is mounted under the truck. Not covered under warranty = $1200 bill. A week ago the steering gear locked up at 84k miles. No warranty = $1100 bill. Also last week the "check engine lite" cam on. Dealer says it was a bad EGT sensor. No warranty = $302 bill. Then today the brand new steering gear blew out and sprayed fluid all over the driveway. Not what I expected from a SUPER DUTY.

Extremely durable, excellent performance.
By jaybird777 on 03/19/14 15:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have the diesel. Unfortunately, some people write BS reviews, because they are loyal to some other truck brand. I have an 08 Diesel F350, and it has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned- and I have owned lots of high quality vehicles. This vehicle tows a 40' RV like it is nothing. Solo, it performs like a sports car. NEVER had a single issue. This truck replaced my 2000 f350 which was also a wonderful truck (even though the reviews were terrible). Because of this truck, I bought 2 more Ford vehicles. I have had ZERO problems with my Fords, and nothing but problems with my Chrysler and Chevy's, and even my Toyotas. From now on, I buy nothing but Fords.

WE ARE SUING!
By cjovel on 07/21/13 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We bought a 2008 Ford F-350 and had 55 repairs in less than 5 years, Ford should have taken this vehicle back under the lemon law and did not, there are thousands of owners who need to be in on this law suit, look it up online! The 2008 was a lemon and Ford needs to admit that, we have been Ford owners our whole lives but not anymore! Ford really let us down on this one!

Why won't Ford stand behind it?
By wthomason on 04/01/13 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 F-350 with 14,000 on it. By the time it 50,00 miles on I had to have a new radiator, numerous radiator caps, a new coolant bottle, and have had several other coolant related issues. Now at 118,000 miles I need another radiator and am told I probably need a new oil cooler, and that the engine may have blown head gaskets. All of these were issues before the warranty expired and now I'm told Ford will not fix any of the problems nor will they help pay for any parts. I've bought Fords all my life but never again. Poor old Henry would roll over in his grave if he knew what those jerks were doing to his company.

Not Really Super Duty
By notsuperduty on 04/05/12 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

First off I love my truck, it's a Job 1 CC 4x4 diesel . The fuel economy isn't stellar, but it weighs in at 9K lbs with tools, I can live with it. Use it mostly for highway trips, the ride is great. Around 54K miles I started doing a lot of city driving (building a new house) and noticed the brakes are dragging bad. Calipers are hanging up, dealer said dirt & mud caused it? Really? So what the Super all about? Got the dreaded coolant leak AGAIN! Dealer wants $1,400 to replace it with the same crap that failed twice before. Ford won't touch it either. Did I mention it LEAKS AGAIN! Come on Ford, Those brake and radiator issues are keeping you from EVER selling me another $55K vehicle!

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!
By aperillo726 on 09/20/11 01:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First off I don't know why the submodels on edmunds do not include the 6.4 but anyway. I don't know what these people are talking about with this truck being unreliable. I've had six Ford Super Duties, four of them being the 2008 model.(I buy a lot of vehicles)I've never had an issue with the 6.4L Powerstroke, the truck can pull a 18,000lb gooseneck like it's nothing, the interior is impeciable, and it is one sexy body style. Most of the negative reviews I'm seeing are gas F350s and I have a question, Who buys a Super Duty with intent to tow and doesn't select the "diesel" option?? I've taken my 08's through some tough terrain and pulled a lot of heavy trailers without having a single issue.

F-350 waste of money
By br23d on 02/15/11 15:01 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

My f350 diesel left me stranded in the middle of an intersection, brought to dealer and they won't honor the warranty it only has 48,000 on it. They told me it would cost $11,000 to fix it.

motor and body are junk
By bparcell on 01/22/11 22:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Engine problems very dangerous. Stalling decerating. 50,000 miles ford won't fix.

Junk
By jeff on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Had a radiator hose leak and ac duct problems less than 36k on it. Was driving to Colorado to hunt, lost power and took to dealership was told it was exhaust filter, replaced, on way home blew the motor and waiting to see if ford warranties it would not recommend this truck to anyone, from what it seems I'm likely to have it not warranty covered!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.