2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Not Really Super Duty
By notsuperduty on 04/05/12 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

First off I love my truck, it's a Job 1 CC 4x4 diesel . The fuel economy isn't stellar, but it weighs in at 9K lbs with tools, I can live with it. Use it mostly for highway trips, the ride is great. Around 54K miles I started doing a lot of city driving (building a new house) and noticed the brakes are dragging bad. Calipers are hanging up, dealer said dirt & mud caused it? Really? So what the Super all about? Got the dreaded coolant leak AGAIN! Dealer wants $1,400 to replace it with the same crap that failed twice before. Ford won't touch it either. Did I mention it LEAKS AGAIN! Come on Ford, Those brake and radiator issues are keeping you from EVER selling me another $55K vehicle!

Problems Galor! but it looks good
By Roger on 05/17/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I should have known better than to buy this vehicle when it first came out! But the body and interior styling wow'd me and I had previously owned a used 4WD Ford F250 I adored. While this truck looks good and pulls great, I'd really love to give it back if I could afford to. Initially smoking (white)and running terrible, dlrshp said regenerating..NOT..EGR is still acting up and during winter it literally would not run sometimes. Same problem continues, along with whining in "Y" pipe or turbos - they haven't determined. Radiator was replaced and new one leaking again right outside warr period. Replaced A/C hose due to design flaw and A/C compressor has now locked up! Too many issues!

Ford F-350 Diesel Junk
By Harley on 03/30/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I have now had 5 Ford F-250 or Ford F- 350 diesel trucks. I tow trailers and use my trucks for work everyday. I have loved all of my Ford trucks until this 2008. This truck is junk. The 2005 Ford F-350 was one of the best trucks I have ever owned. It had tremendous power and fuel mileage pulling my 48' trailer the way I drive at around 11 mpg. The 2008 model gets 5.9 mpg. I have had 2 radiators replaced. The exhaust system has had numerous repairs with most dealers not knowing what to do. It repeating will go into exhaust clean at idle with my foot on the brake and will lurch forward. Ford continues to tell me it will not do this. I have discussed this problem with Ford, I am tired of Ford.

Awesome Ride
By Booker on 10/10/07 20:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

This is the first diesel I've owned and love it. The truck handles very well for the size and the ride is comfortable. Currently not towing anything until the engine has about 10,000 miles on it, and then will tow 12K 5th wheel on weekend getaways. First tank I averaged 11.5 mpg, second was 13.5, and expect it to get better over time.

F350 King Ranch DRW LB 4X4 6.4 Diesel
By John S. on 09/13/07 20:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned several Ford trucks, and they have all been solid workhorses. My new F350 DRW with the optional 6.4 diesel appears to be of the same cut of cloth. So far, it has met every work task with ease. It rides like a half-ton SUV, pulls like a locomotive and has the looks to turn heads. Some new owners complain about fuel consumption. Granted, it would be great to have all this ability, plus 25 MPG, but that's not what these trucks are designed for. They are built to pull heavy loads, and you have to pay a price for that. Would you expect a draft horse to consume the same amount of feed as a burro? If you need a truck for heavy towing, I suggest you strongly consider the F350.

Twin Turbo Power!
By W.F. on 06/13/07 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I just picked up my fully loaded '08 diesel F-350 long bed dual rear wheel beauty one week ago and I have already gotten tons of compliments on it (at least one a day.) The power is amazing, the engine is deadly silent and it handles like a 1/2 ton! I plan to pull around 17,000#'s with a 5th wheel in the future, but for now it pulls around my 7,000# boat like it's not even there. The interior is by far the nicest I have ever seen in a truck. So nice that my wife even likes to ride in it! She has hated all of my other trucks and would only want to take her BMW until now.Thanks Ford!

First 6.4 L Diesel in San Diego
By J.L. on 03/17/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I ordered my 2008 F350 SRW Super Duty back in October with the 6.4 L twin turbo diesel engine, 5speed auto in a crew cab with 4X4 and a long bed. I took delivery on February 13th and have loved driving this monster ever since. The interior looks like an F-150 but is unique to the Super Duty line. The leather seats are the most comfortable in any heavy pick-up but the quiet diesel with jet like thrust is what Ford got right. I don't have to shut down the engine to order at the drive through (not possible with a Dodge/Cummins) and acceleration is a silent, progressive shove in the back without any turbo lag or whine. This truck rides like a half ton, goes like sports car, and tows like a Peterbuilt.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty in NJ is:

$282 per month*