Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Not Really Super Duty
By notsuperduty

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

First off I love my truck, it's a Job 1 CC 4x4 diesel .
The fuel economy isn't stellar, but it weighs in at 9K lbs with tools, I can live with it. Use it mostly for highway trips, the ride is great.

Around 54K miles I started doing a lot of city driving (building a new house) and noticed the brakes are dragging bad.
Calipers are hanging up, dealer said dirt & mud caused it?
Really? So what the Super all about?

Got the dreaded coolant leak AGAIN! Dealer wants $1,400 to replace it with the same crap that failed twice before.
Ford won't touch it either. Did I mention it LEAKS AGAIN!

Come on Ford,
Those brake and radiator issues are keeping you from EVER selling me another $55K vehicle!

I like the twin turbo. It eliminates the turbo lag my 6.0L had (hated that lag!) It goes like Hell and will tow anything, but it just doesn't stop good! The body fit & finish is good and the paint is smooth. It doesn't sound or smell like a diesel and doesn't have turbo whine. (but does smell like LEAKY COOLANT!) The interior is nice. I'm not a big fan of the angular stuff but it works. I've developed a few nasty squeaks in the dash that are getting worse with age. The PTC heater is a great option for Michigan winters. The heated seats are good for that too. They are ON/OFF, not adjustable. The ride is good too. If the brakes aren't stuck on I even get decent highway mileage

BRAKES! The truck never did stop good until the calipers got stuck. Now it stops better, but now the MPG SUCKS. RADIATOR! Do we really need that cheap POS part to be the weak link on a $55K truck? IT FAILS OVER AND OVER CHANGE THE DESIGN or something! I can live with a few issues if you'll stand behind your product. And really, brakes and cooling have been on trucks since the stone ages. If you are going to ruin your F-series reputation at least FAIL on something COMPLICATED! Ford, you just don't get it. I'll be buying trucks until I die, but NOT from a company that won't stand behind products! Don't take my word for it, Google "super duty radiator leak".

Problems Galor! but it looks good
By Roger

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I should have known better than to buy this vehicle when it first came out! But the body and interior styling wow'd me and I had previously owned a used 4WD Ford F250 I adored. While this truck looks good and pulls great, I'd really love to give it back if I could afford to. Initially smoking (white)and running terrible, dlrshp said regenerating..NOT..EGR is still acting up and during winter it literally would not run sometimes. Same problem continues, along with whining in "Y" pipe or turbos - they haven't determined. Radiator was replaced and new one leaking again right outside warr period. Replaced A/C hose due to design flaw and A/C compressor has now locked up! Too many issues!

Crummy things do sometimes come in beautiful packages.

When you spend this much on a truck, Ford could develop some customer service policies to correct their serious flaws or have a longer bumper to bumper than 36K!

Ford F-350 Diesel Junk
By Harley

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I have now had 5 Ford F-250 or Ford F- 350 diesel trucks. I tow trailers and use my trucks for work everyday. I have loved all of my Ford trucks until this 2008. This truck is junk. The 2005 Ford F-350 was one of the best trucks I have ever owned. It had tremendous power and fuel mileage pulling my 48' trailer the way I drive at around 11 mpg. The 2008 model gets 5.9 mpg. I have had 2 radiators replaced. The exhaust system has had numerous repairs with most dealers not knowing what to do. It repeating will go into exhaust clean at idle with my foot on the brake and will lurch forward. Ford continues to tell me it will not do this. I have discussed this problem with Ford, I am tired of Ford.

Have always liked the interiors but have very little good to say about this Ford F-350 truck anymore.

Get rid of the exhaust cleaning mode and build a truck that meets emissions some other way.

Awesome Ride
By Booker

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

This is the first diesel I've owned and love it. The truck handles very well for the size and the ride is comfortable. Currently not towing anything until the engine has about 10,000 miles on it, and then will tow 12K 5th wheel on weekend getaways. First tank I averaged 11.5 mpg, second was 13.5, and expect it to get better over time.

The quiet 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel. Captain's chairs and center console. Very nice Audiophile system and speaker placement. Cab has a lot of room to stretch out and plenty of storage.

Factory sprayed bed (Line-X). Get away from DVD-based Navigation and install (GPS) Satellite Navigation System. Daytime running lights

F350 King Ranch DRW LB 4X4 6.4 Diesel
By John S.

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned several Ford trucks, and they have all been solid workhorses. My new F350 DRW with the optional 6.4 diesel appears to be of the same cut of cloth. So far, it has met every work task with ease. It rides like a half-ton SUV, pulls like a locomotive and has the looks to turn heads. Some new owners complain about fuel consumption. Granted, it would be great to have all this ability, plus 25 MPG, but that's not what these trucks are designed for. They are built to pull heavy loads, and you have to pay a price for that. Would you expect a draft horse to consume the same amount of feed as a burro? If you need a truck for heavy towing, I suggest you strongly consider the F350.

The new diesel is exceptionally quiet, with no smoke and no odor. It's a great looking truck that rides and drives extremely well. The King Ranch and Navigation system options were well worth the price. The tow command and tow boss options make towing big loads a snap.

It would be great if Ford got together with a major gooseneck and fifth wheel manufacturer, and offered these as factory installed options.