Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Ford 2008 f350 6.4 turbo diesel dually 4dr
By David Pierce

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

The 2008 f350 6.4L turbo diesel dually 4wd is junk. Mine only has 69,809 miles on it and still has Fords extended manufacture warranty and i still had to pay for $10,000 in repairs for a whole new fuel system. I get my oil changed, separator drained, and fuel filter changed as required, every 3 months, by Ford and its on record and its about $225 each time. Apparently even though Ford says this is a diesel truck, it hates diesel. The fuel system automatically sucks up all the water and junk thats in diesel before it uses the gas. Therefore everything rusts. Ford knows there is an issue and there are blogs all over about the high pressure fuel pump so check it out. Plus you get a whopping 5 to 6 mpg when towing anything.

Poor rust protection
By Mike moll

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

No matter what I do or how hard I try...it looks like rust will be the victor. no zinc plating anywhere, losts of exposed metal

v-10 power

ford should spend the extra dime to rust treat these vehicles

My 08 Power Stroke
By sdman1

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

10-24-2014 I purchased my 2008 F350 With a 6.4L Power Stroke in March of 2007 with 25 miles on it. I Traded my 2000 F250 With a 7.3 Power Stroke for it and Have NEVER regretted it. It now has 82,000 on it and I have not had any Problems with it.... it has Spent its Life Pulling Trailer all Over Gods Country and as NEVER let me down or Left me on the Side of the Road. There is a Reason FORD is the #1 Truck in the Country. My Work Truck is a 2008 F250 SD with a 6.4L and has 218,000 original trouble free miles on it and going Strong. ALL Manufactures have Problems with there Products but as far as I'm Concerned I will NEVER buy Another Brand of Truck!!!!!!

Power Stroke Engine, Roomy Interior and Ability to Tow just about anything you want.

Emission System... as with all Tier 3 engines it is not this trucks Crowing Feature. I rated Performance at a 4 because of this.

2008 Ford F350 Superduty Diesel 6.4 liter FX4
By drooster3

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Let me first say that when this truck is running well, I love it. It has tons of power and the interior is all leather. Its the most loaded truck I've ever owned. Unfortunately, it has a lot of problems. I bought it used with about 120,000 miles on it which I thought was decent mileage considering its diesel. At 135,000 miles, I replaced the starter followed shortly by the engine. After that, it was the clutch fan, a short in the electrical system, and numerous other problems including the latest where the hydro boost for the brakes over heated and took out the power steering pump costing $1700. Total repair cost in 45,000 miles has been over $23,000. Trading it off on a new Tundra

Really like the high quality materials used in the interior. It has power driver and passenger seat, which I've never had in a truck before. I quite often refer to it as my Cadillac. It has lots of power and the times I've needed it as a workhorse, it seems pretty good.

This truck has serious reliability issues. Not only is it really expensive to fix, its also really inconvenient for it to be in the shop for a couple days every 5 or 6 weeks. The paint has a lot of chipping. It has persistent problems. The window motor on the passenger side works sporadically. The cruise also doesn't work all the time. I've replaced one rear axle seal 4 times. I'm very disappointed. I thought this truck would last me at least another 100,000 miles after I bought it and after putting on 45,000, I'm trading it off. I'm upside down on my loan but I just can't afford to keep repairing it.

08 F-350 6.4 Diesel
By spartan6delta

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Have been in love with Super Duty Trucks for years after buying a 32' camper decided it was time to finally get one. Not a rich guy so I bought used with 125,000 miles on it. 6" lift 37" inch tires, a real monster truck. After less than 2 months and under 3,000 miles replaced a radiator, radiator hose and also have blown head gaskets. The mechanics are determining if the oil cooler and EGR coolers are bad as well. Lucky me got an extended warranty, however if the heads are cracked we are looking at a 8,000.00 bill. I have loved Fords my whole life but if you want a heavy duty reliable truck to last you past 100,000 miles go get a 2013 or 2014 Ram Diesel.

Looks, comfort

If you have to have a Ford get a 2013 with a 6.7 in it.

• SUV