2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Review: 2007 Noth'n but a 2006

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed)

2007 Noth'n but a 2006
By MacMarty on

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the 2007 F-350 DRW to replace my 2006 F250 SRW drive. I needed the extra towing capacity of the 350 after buying a new 5th wheel. Obviously Ford took all their 06 truck components and built a truck; calling it an 07 model. I can't, for the life of me, find any difference between the 06 and 07, with the exception of the stiffer (and I mean stiffer) ride of the dually. The mileage isn't much to brag about with the 6.0 diesel. My meter says I'm getting 12mpg, but probably it's more like 10.5. It took about 20,000 miles on my 06 diesel to get about 16-17 non-tow and 10-11 towing an 8000 pound 5th wheel. I'm not sure I'll be as comfortable with bucket seats in the 07 as I was with the 40/20 split.

Style, interior room of cab, fold down rear seat options with the crew cab, fit and finish, 38 gal. fuel capacity, dash lay out, outfitter switches and built in brake controller (big plus, tow gcvwr, payload and truck options).

More horse power and torque, improved mileage (diesel), more comfortable bucket seats. My suggested improvements may be mute, because of 2008 model is due out in Feb. 2007.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review