Used 2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Ford F-350 Problems
By Amanda

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My truck ran great until 4,000 miles over my warranty. Then my engine started over heating and pretty much blew up. Ford refuses to cover a new engine even though I had it in the shop less then a year before this happened for the same issue. My company has bought over 30 trucks from ford in the last 20 years and we will never buy another again! The Diesel Engines on all Fords recently will not last and it seems they all fail as soon as the warranty is up. Four F-450 Dumps we bought all have broken down on us. I would love to hear others comments on this issue :) Thanks everyone.

Ford trucks used to be reliable and run forever. Now you're lucky if you make 100,000 miles without having to buy a new engine. Ford needs to improve there diesel engines before we will ever consider buying another.

MacDaddy Rocks the Road
By MacDaddy

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This Truck deserves a capital T! yes we bought it used with high miles but with the Diesel power stroke 570 lbs of torque we can haul anything! We needed a safe, powerful truck to move massive amounts of rock, earth & machinery. Not to mention a Silver streak for winter touring...and it does...also we just had a baby daughter and wanted something safe and dependable. I have run Ford trucks to build by business and will continue. I trust American Ford trucks which have been the powerhouse back bone for our company, and works almost as hard as I do...and that's hard to do! Good job Ford, I hired you for dependable, hard, work and thats what I got! - Joel G.A. Fonte`

Power, Power, Power...safe & dependable.

I only wish the used truck I purchased was a stick, I love my 76 & 78 4 speed trucks. I feel more control overall and you need that when hauling big loads...

Best truck yet
By Jim Morrison

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is an excellent truck for towing. We have a 29 foot cabin cruiser that weighs about 10000lb.We tow form AZ to California with no problems holding 80 MPH. The ride is smooth and stable. I wish the fuel tank was just a bit larger. Non towing fuel milage is 18MPG at 80-85 MPH. Really happy with the truck.

Engine and trans. 20" forged aluminum wheels. Nice grille

Better sound system

no more 6.0
By not happy

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck with the dealer knowing of my intent to use it commercially. I put 7,333 miles on it in 3 weeks with it loaded with 15-16K everyday. In the 7,333 miles the truck overheated 3 times and when returned to Ford, they found that it had a blown head gasket (a known problem with the 6.0 that i was not made aware of at time of purchase). So now I am sitting at home instead of making money with a $56,000 truck in the shop after only being used for 3 weeks. So in my opinion do not go with 6.0, i think they need to change the name from powerstroke to powerjoke! I want my Cummins back with 190,000 miles on it with no trouble at all.

The ride and comfort of the truck are what is expected of Ford, rugged but yet comfortable enough to ride in 12 hours at a time.

The right move was to dump the 6.0 diesel after only 4 short years of production, but the new 6.4 is untested in the real world and the twin turbo set up scares me to death.

It's a "tame" beast
By Bob

2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is a beast. There is no choice for the diesel on here, but that is what I have. Excellent on gas for its size (13 mpg in city / 18 hwy). Towing is a breeze. Inside the comfort level is unmatched in the world of trucks. Also, the ride is GREAT! Even on these Chicago streets. I traded in an Excursion and the ride quality is dramatically better. The stability on the highway is awesome with dual wheels. My recommendations are simple to a prospective buyer: Opt for the diesel. Get the FX4 package, the upgrade in shocks is HUGE. Get the tow command, the stabilizer bar that is added makes a big difference.

The diesel. Powerful and very efficient for a 7500# truck.

Only complaints, the drivers armrest is not far enough away from the body for great comfort, and a telescoping steering column would be the cats meow.