2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Review: Best truck built tough

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 6-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed)

Best truck built tough
By John on

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Although my 2003 was great, the 2006 is even better! Being a King Ranch, the interior couldn't be better and this one has the moonroof as well. The overall build quality is better and the improved steering and brake system are impressive. The 6.0 liter Navistar diesel is even quieter with out the heavy hood insulation from '03 and the power can't be beat with the 5 speed torqueshift. This one turns less RPM at the same speeds with the only difference being 18" tires which should afford even better mileage than before. I averaged 19 with my old one which for the weight, mass, and power is fine with me. The improved message center is as accurate as it is detailed. The GVRW is 11720 and nimble.

Interior, integrated brake system, upfitter switches, tighter turning, and driver's glove box are great features. No other truck comes close in fit and finish much less the incredible drive train. I wasted my time checking what they call competitive models. Its amazing mileage with so much power!

The moonroof moves the map lights to the front but no map lights in the rear of this comfortable big cab. Better mileage would be great as long as torque and power aren't compromised. I can't think of any more to ask for!