2006 F350 SRW Diesel 6.0L SB 4x4 Lariat
By RCM on
2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
This truck is a very nice truck. I'm a bit disappointed in the fuel mileage after the last outing of 350 miles. Maybe the mileage is very good, but I was really hoping for better with a small block diesel. Straight highway, empty. I went approximately 50 miles for every speed increase to let the onboard computer AVG MPG settle (I have found after 3500 miles, it's very close +/- 1MPG. I was getting: approx 23-24MPG @ 55MPH, 21MPG @ 65MPH, 19MPG @ 75 MPH. The MPG dropped almost on the button 1 MPG for every 5 MPH faster. I topped of the tank to start and and retopped off the tank to verify. The onboard computer was accurate. I was hoping for 20-30% better out of a diesel. Weight ~empty: 7350 (on scales).
Favorite Features
I would chose this truck again. There's not another truck in its class from any manufacture that I would rather have. Favorites: everything :-). Front grill, power, interior, mirrors, paint, options, etc. I like everything about it. :-)
Suggested Improvements
Rear cup holders (even for Supercab), dome light for the rear and map light near the front windshield. User option to have the dome light not turn on when the key is turned off or not. Battery amp/voltage gauge. Additional onboard engine, drivetrain, etc readings. Glove compartment light.