Used 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Great Heavy Duty Truck
By Mark

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

All in all a great heavy duty diesel truck that can easily perform just about whatever task you ask of it. She is powerful, comfortable, turns heads and is reliable as a stone.

Power, seat comfort, interior space, trailer controller.

Headlights could be brighter. Needs more power ports and cup holders. Need filter on A/C. The stock continental tires are useless on slick pavement or mud. They are E rated.

A Kick to Drive!
By VADave

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I originally bought this vehicle to tow a fifth wheel toy hauler which never materialized. I decided to keep the truck mainly because I enjoy driving it so much. Since itís diesel, it actually gets better mileage than an F-150 so it really didnít make a whole lot of sense downsizing. Iím really impressed with the fit/finish of this truck and donít have any regrets whatsoever. The only drawback with this truck so far is parking which can be a bear at times.

Tow/haul feature and motorized rear window.

Wish I had my 99 back
By Sorry

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I replaced a 1999 F250 diesel with this. The 18 inch wheels make the truck too tall and are expensive to replace. The CD player died in the first year. The truck is now in the shop and has been for the past week and a half with unknown engine problems. They just keep replacing parts and hoping for the best. Fortunately is happened just as the warranty was about to expire. This is a WORK truck, regularly towing 18,000# and the lack of reliability has me starting to shop for a different brand. I traded the 99 I had when it had 240,000 miles and had virtually no problems. Fuel economy is also poor.

Tow/Haul mode is a real good feature, helping with stops and downhill runs when towing heavy loads.

Option of smaller wheels and a MUCH more reliable engine.

Still built Ford Tough
By cowboytrucker

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I replaced a 2003 F350 Crew Cab DRW LB 4x2 XLT Lariat with all the bells and whistles. Mileage is about the same as with the '03 7.3L diesel but the 6.0L has more torque and is noticeably quieter. Through 12,000 miles already and no problems to report. My spouse absolutely loves to drive my truck when I'm not using it, which is most of the time though. We are still using the '03 and it has 370,000 miles and still not using oil between changes and plenty of power! Just confirms my opinion that Ford really does build tough trucks.

The integrated trailer brake controller and the heated leather seats are my favorite features. 4WD shift on the fly is a nice convenience too, especially out on the farm or deer lease in lousy weather.

Still wish that they offered a GPS Navigation system at the Lariat trim level since I drive all over the US on business.

Mixed Thoughts
By Derrick Soo

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this truck thinking that I was getting a much improved version of my two past diesels, but got a surprise instead. Had a '99 & '03 SD diesels and got 19 & 23 hwy, 16 & 21 city, 17 & 21 towing a 10k# trailered boat. The new F-350 got only 14 hwy and 12 city avg. The worst I got was 8mpg on three different occasions city going up/down hills. Powerwise, it's equal to the '03 and way better than the 7.3 '99 model but the '99 doesn't sound so busy under the hood. The quieter diesel is appreciated by the neighbors around me! The ride is a lot more harsh than the other two trucks and aftermarket tire/wheel combos are limited and pricey due to the 18" minimum requirement. Overall a good truck.

Love the outfitter switches and factory braking system. Stereo system is good for factory.

Include a security system with "fobs" as standard feature since these trucks are being stolen in higher numbers. Very easy to "hot wire" and drive off without much trouble. Ended up installing an aftermarket alarm to keep bad guys out.