2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
SB SRW, V-10
By Lee K on 12/24/06 21:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Test drove it and it was s-o-o nice I couldn't believe it was 1-ton. Has all the options, (that I didn't really need, but sure turns it into a luxury vehicle). Towed a 7-8000# trailer 2000 miles and averaged 12.2 mpg. Power was good. May add a hi flow air cleaner to get a little more. REALLY a nice truck.

STRONG TRUCK
By LBW on 11/15/06 05:56 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Due to the extra purchase cost I got the gas v8. The diesel is needed for heavy pulling, but the gas V8 will do, just slower. Very happy with the truck overall though it did stall out completely one time for no reason and no code was recorded. The built in trailer brake system is a must for towing, but it does hold up the RPM's at times a bit too long and when coasting it will kick up and you have to tap the gas to get it to shift. But great overall. I can't even feel our 4 horse trailer behind it. The interior is very comfortable and large. The engine is thirsty. 12 MPG normally and 9 MPG towing. Fit and finish all are very good.

Great truck
By bigtexn on 09/13/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Replaced a 99 F-350 4x4 crew cab with v-10 with a 2006 F-350 4x4 crew cab with the 6.0 diesel, So far, it's getting about 15 mpg, and the old v-10 got 10 mpg. Lots more bells and whistles on the new one, I really like it.

Best truck built tough
By John on 09/13/06 18:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Although my 2003 was great, the 2006 is even better! Being a King Ranch, the interior couldn't be better and this one has the moonroof as well. The overall build quality is better and the improved steering and brake system are impressive. The 6.0 liter Navistar diesel is even quieter with out the heavy hood insulation from '03 and the power can't be beat with the 5 speed torqueshift. This one turns less RPM at the same speeds with the only difference being 18" tires which should afford even better mileage than before. I averaged 19 with my old one which for the weight, mass, and power is fine with me. The improved message center is as accurate as it is detailed. The GVRW is 11720 and nimble.

2006 XLT F350 DUALLY V-10
By XLT DUALLY on 02/19/06 14:26 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 F350 XLT dually in July 2005. I ordered from Ford. It was delivered with the exact equipment I ordered. Beautiful truck, rides like a luxury car with or without load. I put a matching Leer cap on long bed. Truck is striking. Have towed 12,000 pound loads many times, it has hands down the best braking system of any tow vehicle period. System controls trailer brakes automatically with the same braking force applied to truck brakes. It's amazing! V-10 is awesome, but install a K&N hi flow air filter immediately, stock filter does not let the engine breath. Many people want a diesel, but the v-10 is a mighty engine with same 5 speed auto, that costs $7,000 less.

#38 Ford truck since 14 yrs old. Now 72.
By yeloironman on 11/25/05 06:22 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I am a 72 yr old #38 FORD truck owner since age 14. The F-350 '06 KING RANCH Crew Cab 4WD is the very best Ford I have ever owned. The torque & HP is matched perfectly. I have pulled my 16,000# boat & trailer with great ease & handling. We have also had 17,000# on bumper pulling a tractor behind, front end due to tractor load was somewhat light. The KING RANCH option is well worth the added money as the comfort level & feel is awesome. The turning radius on this coil spring setup is far superior to the 2004 we owned. We now have 4000 miles and the earlier mileage was 16-18 MPG, now 13-14. Looking forward to oil change & filter change.

2006 F350 SRW Diesel 6.0L SB 4x4 Lariat
By RCM on 11/06/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is a very nice truck. I'm a bit disappointed in the fuel mileage after the last outing of 350 miles. Maybe the mileage is very good, but I was really hoping for better with a small block diesel. Straight highway, empty. I went approximately 50 miles for every speed increase to let the onboard computer AVG MPG settle (I have found after 3500 miles, it's very close +/- 1MPG. I was getting: approx 23-24MPG @ 55MPH, 21MPG @ 65MPH, 19MPG @ 75 MPH. The MPG dropped almost on the button 1 MPG for every 5 MPH faster. I topped of the tank to start and and retopped off the tank to verify. The onboard computer was accurate. I was hoping for 20-30% better out of a diesel. Weight ~empty: 7350 (on scales).

Review of 2006 F-350
By Ryan Welcher on 09/21/05 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I feel it is a great truck for towing and hauling, However it need some more pickup in traffic. It is getting around 9 miles to the gallon, which is not bad for a 10,000 GVW truck. Overall I am impressed with this truck. I have always owned Chevy trucks and this is my first Ford. I do however miss the Chevy's power out of the hole.

This truck kicks...
By toyboxford on 09/15/05 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is awesome. It is very quick off the line for its size thanks to the turbo diesel engine. I love everything about it. I bought it to tow with but I find myself driving it almost daily.

F-350 Crew Cab Dually Diesel 8' Bed Lariat
By Gary on 08/04/05 03:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a fully loaded Lariat with all options except leather captains chairs and chrome package. The tow boss package with 4.30 rear, 8 cylinder diesel, and 5 speed automatic make towing child's play. The incorporated trailer brake and exhaust brake make pulling heavy loads simple. The turbo diesel shows no signs of struggle with hilly terrain. The larger disk brakes and exhaust brake in tow mode make downhill journeys more pleasurable. While towing fully loaded during a recent trip through the mountains of Tennessee this truck showed no signs of slowing going up hill and the decent was not all a problem for this truck to handle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.