Used 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Why No Diesel F-350's ?
By Done Flying

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We found our King Ranch SB 2WD in Mississippi because this model was so scarce. We drove it sparingly the first two years in the city and always were able to get close to 20 mpg. We now tow a 37' Montana 5th wheel around the West and experience 12.5 mpg through hill and valleys. I have never had a mechanical issue, the original Continental tires are still going fine (42,000), and the leather interior is comfortable and classy. We have no regrets over our choice of truck. It still looks great going to dinner or pulling a hill with the Montana behind. I hope to keep going as long as our F-350 Turbo Diesel does!

Favorite Features

Real muscle beneath the beauty!

Suggested Improvements

Make the front seat heater button harder to accidentally set off. Hot buttons in AZ aren't fun!

Great Heavy Duty Truck
By Kevin in Texas

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I tend to buy a new truck every couple years, and this by far is a great ride. This was my first diesel, and it has lived up to the reputation as a solid engine. Truck get's 18-20 mpg on highway with assistance of exhaust upgrade, cold ear intake, and programmer. These cheap upgrades give the truck some serious performance, and outran a friends 1/2 ton Denali w/400hp. I pull a 34' bumper pull camper, and can cruise 75-80mph on highway and still have room to accelerate. Truck overall handles well. My only complaint is the King Ranch leather. You have to be vigilant about applying the conditioner especially in the Texas heat. The leather is tougher, so it is not as cushy as a lariat.

Favorite Features

Power, exterior design, interior design

Suggested Improvements

Powerstroke is a noisy engine, but the 6.0L is a solid. Make seats with more cushion since most people are in these trucks for long hauls.

Love my truck
By Fordman70

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck and I love it! Only one issue and that was taken care of under warranty. The usual EGR cooler issue. I love the ride of this truck and the power and torque are amazing. Looking forward to my purchase of a toy hauler cuz I know this truck is gonna enjoy the load.

Favorite Features

Shift on the fly 4 wheel drive, multi disk CD player, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

EGR cooler should be built more sturdy like the ones the aftermarket offers.

Love my Superduty
By Hank

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Except for the EGR valve sticking open which damaged the EGR Cooler, I have had zero issues with this truck. That was covered by Ford under warranty so no money out of my pocket. I love this truck and all its power. I installed an Edge Platinum with Attitude, 4" turbo back exhaust from Summit Racing and an AirAid filter and the fuel economy and power levels are great. I get between 18-20 mpg on the highway and average 13 around town. The truck only has 31,000 miles on it and I expect the fuel mileage to go up even more once the Powerstroke is well broken in. Can't wait to purchase my 5th wheel toy hauler to pull around with this truck. What a great ride compared to the F-150.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, power and 8' bed.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter headlights would nice.

So Sad to Luv Ford
By C Montana

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

As of 4.28.09 I have 93k mi on a F350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed purchased in September 06. I've had four Ford Pickups before this one; which is my biggest disappointment. 50% of my trips include hauling or towing. I only get 13.2 mpg empty and 9.6 mpg hauling (down to 6 mpg when hauling heavy loads). Beware of constant mechanical problems. Three sets of front axle seals, three of the blue rubber boots between the turbo and intercooler, both front wheel bearings (at $850 a pop), a front hub assembly, rear pinion seal, turbo problems and more EGR Valves than I can count. Ford covered some of the repairs but I've spent over $8,000 on Repairs & Maintenance in 2 1/2 years (incl: oil & tires)

Favorite Features

Looks, Comfortable seats/interior, Good Stereo, Tow Haul mode, upfitter switches, 20" Goodyear Wrangler tires are only $146 each from the Ford dealer.

Suggested Improvements

Quiet the racket from the engine and give me a truck I can go to work in every day instead of the repair shop. I'll put up the poor fuel economy and lack of power (compared to my buddys with a Duramax or Cummins) And how about weather stripping at the bottom of the door that keeps the mud out?