2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Why No Diesel F-350's ?
By Done Flying on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We found our King Ranch SB 2WD in Mississippi because this model was so scarce. We drove it sparingly the first two years in the city and always were able to get close to 20 mpg. We now tow a 37' Montana 5th wheel around the West and experience 12.5 mpg through hill and valleys. I have never had a mechanical issue, the original Continental tires are still going fine (42,000), and the leather interior is comfortable and classy. We have no regrets over our choice of truck. It still looks great going to dinner or pulling a hill with the Montana behind. I hope to keep going as long as our F-350 Turbo Diesel does!

Great Heavy Duty Truck
By Kevin in Texas on 03/22/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I tend to buy a new truck every couple years, and this by far is a great ride. This was my first diesel, and it has lived up to the reputation as a solid engine. Truck get's 18-20 mpg on highway with assistance of exhaust upgrade, cold ear intake, and programmer. These cheap upgrades give the truck some serious performance, and outran a friends 1/2 ton Denali w/400hp. I pull a 34' bumper pull camper, and can cruise 75-80mph on highway and still have room to accelerate. Truck overall handles well. My only complaint is the King Ranch leather. You have to be vigilant about applying the conditioner especially in the Texas heat. The leather is tougher, so it is not as cushy as a lariat.

Love my truck
By Fordman70 on 12/19/09 07:32 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck and I love it! Only one issue and that was taken care of under warranty. The usual EGR cooler issue. I love the ride of this truck and the power and torque are amazing. Looking forward to my purchase of a toy hauler cuz I know this truck is gonna enjoy the load.

Love my Superduty
By Hank on 10/17/09 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Except for the EGR valve sticking open which damaged the EGR Cooler, I have had zero issues with this truck. That was covered by Ford under warranty so no money out of my pocket. I love this truck and all its power. I installed an Edge Platinum with Attitude, 4" turbo back exhaust from Summit Racing and an AirAid filter and the fuel economy and power levels are great. I get between 18-20 mpg on the highway and average 13 around town. The truck only has 31,000 miles on it and I expect the fuel mileage to go up even more once the Powerstroke is well broken in. Can't wait to purchase my 5th wheel toy hauler to pull around with this truck. What a great ride compared to the F-150.

So Sad to Luv Ford
By C Montana on 04/28/09 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

As of 4.28.09 I have 93k mi on a F350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed purchased in September 06. I've had four Ford Pickups before this one; which is my biggest disappointment. 50% of my trips include hauling or towing. I only get 13.2 mpg empty and 9.6 mpg hauling (down to 6 mpg when hauling heavy loads). Beware of constant mechanical problems. Three sets of front axle seals, three of the blue rubber boots between the turbo and intercooler, both front wheel bearings (at $850 a pop), a front hub assembly, rear pinion seal, turbo problems and more EGR Valves than I can count. Ford covered some of the repairs but I've spent over $8,000 on Repairs & Maintenance in 2 1/2 years (incl: oil & tires)

Great Heavy Duty Truck
By Mark on 12/29/08 15:29 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

All in all a great heavy duty diesel truck that can easily perform just about whatever task you ask of it. She is powerful, comfortable, turns heads and is reliable as a stone.

A Kick to Drive!
By VADave on 08/11/08 09:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I originally bought this vehicle to tow a fifth wheel toy hauler which never materialized. I decided to keep the truck mainly because I enjoy driving it so much. Since it’s diesel, it actually gets better mileage than an F-150 so it really didn’t make a whole lot of sense downsizing. I’m really impressed with the fit/finish of this truck and don’t have any regrets whatsoever. The only drawback with this truck so far is parking which can be a bear at times.

Wish I had my 99 back
By Sorry on 03/18/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I replaced a 1999 F250 diesel with this. The 18 inch wheels make the truck too tall and are expensive to replace. The CD player died in the first year. The truck is now in the shop and has been for the past week and a half with unknown engine problems. They just keep replacing parts and hoping for the best. Fortunately is happened just as the warranty was about to expire. This is a WORK truck, regularly towing 18,000# and the lack of reliability has me starting to shop for a different brand. I traded the 99 I had when it had 240,000 miles and had virtually no problems. Fuel economy is also poor.

Still built Ford Tough
By cowboytrucker on 03/05/07 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I replaced a 2003 F350 Crew Cab DRW LB 4x2 XLT Lariat with all the bells and whistles. Mileage is about the same as with the '03 7.3L diesel but the 6.0L has more torque and is noticeably quieter. Through 12,000 miles already and no problems to report. My spouse absolutely loves to drive my truck when I'm not using it, which is most of the time though. We are still using the '03 and it has 370,000 miles and still not using oil between changes and plenty of power! Just confirms my opinion that Ford really does build tough trucks.

Mixed Thoughts
By Derrick Soo on 01/21/07 10:26 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this truck thinking that I was getting a much improved version of my two past diesels, but got a surprise instead. Had a '99 & '03 SD diesels and got 19 & 23 hwy, 16 & 21 city, 17 & 21 towing a 10k# trailered boat. The new F-350 got only 14 hwy and 12 city avg. The worst I got was 8mpg on three different occasions city going up/down hills. Powerwise, it's equal to the '03 and way better than the 7.3 '99 model but the '99 doesn't sound so busy under the hood. The quieter diesel is appreciated by the neighbors around me! The ride is a lot more harsh than the other two trucks and aftermarket tire/wheel combos are limited and pricey due to the 18" minimum requirement. Overall a good truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.