2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
no need for diesel
By bailey on 10/09/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Definitely the biggest on my block, and the new 3V 5.4L V8 is all I really need. If you're not regularly towing 10K+ lbs on long trips, don't waste the $5K on the diesel, and stop waking up the neighbors. :) This new 5.4 makes more HP than the old 460, and almost as much torque but is 2 litres smaller. I get 14MPG around town despite the 315/70/17 (35") BFG all terrains I added. The 2.5" RevTek level kit ($215) gives it a perfect stance, and the tough exterior design is the best of the Big 3. I bought the XL because real trucks were meant to have rubber floors and basic options. Ford's chrome, carpet and leather don't really hold up over time especially if you use your truck like a truck.

Tough 350
By gpizinger on 09/24/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Ford improved so many items on this vehicle. The ride and tighter turning radius is fabulous. The V10 is like an electric powerhouse. The 5 speed automatic seems to be improved. I wish the Ford temperature gauges actually told the consumer what the temperatures are in degrees. Reflectors on the towing mirrors are easily damaged with any encounter; need to be relocated. I tow an 8000 lb trailer and it is hard to notice its presence.

Bad safety features
By Kympathy on 08/12/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

This truck has no turning radius at all. It bounces so much when speeds exceed 50 mph that your teeth rattle. In addition, Ford chose to remove some essential safety features, like LATCH anchor for children. I hate this truck. I will never buy a Ford again, or from the dealership

SuperDuty vs Ram
By F-350 6.0 TPS Auto on 07/20/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Traded a '03 Ram 2500 4X4, 5.8 hemi for this. Here are my observations so far: The Ram was an excellent truck, just needed something bigger. Best points that Ram has over the Ford are: - Has better storage under front seat, rear seat and front arm rest. - Better cup holders. - Better turn radius. Best points Ford over Ram: - Better ride when loaded. - Power slide back window. - Lights in outside mirrors. -5-speed auto transmission. Trailer Brake Controller! If no other reason to buy a Ford, this is it. If you tow, this is the best!

F-350 Initial Opinions
By vairman on 05/05/05 06:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just picked up my new F-350 Diesel. Build quality is excellent, everything works as it should and no issues. I am new to diesel having had several Ford gas engines and this diesel is almost as quiet as the V10 I traded. Great truck, I will report back when there are some miles on it.

Best Truck I've Ever Had
By Chris Ruske on 04/28/05 01:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

This truck has been flawless. At 26,000 miles all I have done is put oil and fuel in it. I pull a 40' gooseneck trailer and that has worked great. I have the diesel engine; it is the dually and it rides well. It is a truck so don't expect a Caddy ride. Fuel mileage is not great but I geared it for pulling power, plus it's so fun to drive that it's hard to not put the throttle to the floor. Had Chevys before, spent to much time in the shop with them and the brakes stunk but the Ford built in brake controller works really great and you can stop this truck w/ABS, not with the Chevys I had. Their ABS tands for not braking soon.

F-350 Diesel 4x2
By f350 SD Diesel on 03/22/05 15:35 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great vehicle! No problems ever in towing. Mileage is great with new 6.0 liter. Ford beats Chevy over and over again in all ratings. Check HP and torque ratings, top-dog in class.

Wow I finally get it!
By Scott McWhorter on 02/24/05 15:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After wearing out two F-150's I decided to step up. Now I get it. I needed more truck. This machine drives great, gets great gas mileage and is overall meeting my high expectations. I think wearing this truck out will take more than 2 years like my others. You won't get it till you own one.

2005 Super Duty Evaluation
By dek200 on 02/19/05 12:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to replace my 1999 F-350. This 2005 is basically the same truck but with the 2005 upgrades. The 2005 has some extremely nice features and some great safety features: The power sliding back window. The heated seats. The backup sensors. The built in trailer braking system in the Tow Command package (it is everything and more than the ads depict; the best trailer brakes I have ever used). The running light/turn signal on the towing mirrors. The heated/sliding towing mirrors. The lighted vanity mirrors. The speed volume control on the radio. The power passenger seat. The shorter turning radius. The 5 speed automatic transmission. A better drive over all.

2004 F-350 Joy To Drive Workhorse
By Jim Paglione on 02/19/05 08:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

F3-50 Crew Cab Long Box 4X4 V-10 Power. An absolute BEST BUY at $26,000. Single rear wheels capable of 10 tons on a 40' gooseneck tandem dually trailer.True gas mileage not as good as diesel. Factory rated tow capacity is 1400 pounds more than dually diesel and costs $12,000 less. You can buy a lot of gasoline for $12,000. And you can see where you are backing up. Now for the CONS: The steering radius on this truck stinks! We have owned 5 Power Stroke 1 Ton Duallys. All of them were 7.3 liters. The 6.0 liter engine failures are well documented . For heavy usage the 6.0 is not the way to go. The 6.0 will never equal the 7.3! The V10 325 hp & the torque are far superior to the 6.0.