Used 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

help please
By JIMMYJACK

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First 18000 miles a great truck,after that changed turbo 3 times, changed 4 fuel injectors, brakes are weak. still trying to get the power fixed before warranty runs out.i have 25000 miles now i was told i need to run truck more. really good people at service department that i deal with i can call any time and get help from them i just don't think they get the help they need. i pulled a bull dozer behind this truck when it was new i never seen anything so strong until i started having trouble with it at about 18,000 miles one more thing when you hit a bump on the road frontend shakes really bad if tires are at all low of pressure.

transmission and the way it rides.

help the people that paid $40,000 for the vehicles get them fixed and use heavier turbo.

No Problems
By Howell Williams

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had no problems with my 2005 XLT FX-4 Ford F-350 crew. It has 44000 miles on it. I pull a 28' Durango fifth wheel camper (8800 lbs empty weight), and I trailer a 19 foot center console Fishmaster Boat behind that. I travel all over Texas and I have not had a problem yet with my 2005 truck with the 6.0 diesel. As a matter of fact, I pulled the same camper and boat with the previous truck I had with the 7.3 and I believe this 6.0 pulls better! It is a little slow on the start, but once I am going I can do 65 to 75 MPH, easily keeping up with other traffic on the freeways. And no, I do not have any kind of power kit or booster.

Rugged, but pretty exterior, my bright red color, nicely designed interior/comfort, the power, its height/clearence, and its dependability.

The take-off power could be improved upon. And it needs more insode storage compartments (such as hideaway compartments for guns, valuables).

What the happened to Fords?
By Kathy Branco

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Been a Ford person all my life. Have a 99, 7.3 Ford with 250,000 runs great and I wouldn't trade for anything. Got a 05 6.0 and it is been nothing but a nightmare and it is not just mine. We rodeo so we see many people with trucks and this is common. When you hook them up to a big trailer the built Ford tough do a bucking and jerking motion that will about rip your head off. All it takes is you to hit a bump to start it. Also from 40 thou miles now to 70 thou miles now I have put fuel injectors in the truck, three times. Fords answer to that, put injector additive. Ya, done that too These 6.0 are horrible and Ford knows it. What has happened to Ford?

Truck is comfortable, fun to drive when it runs, just not relieable!

Go back to the 7.3 engine. 6.0 are junk!

2005 F-350 Crew- H-D Edition
By PATVL

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Too much down time.

4-doors plus a bed.

Need to get the bugs out of this engine.

the lemons
By craigjohnson

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Oil injection pump went out at 49000 miles; front end locked up and had to be replaced at 30000 miles-had it at dealer 3 times for pulling left before it actually locked up. A dealer in Alabama (or should I say sublet to a mechanics house) butchered repair and now it's being repaired back in Atlanta. I really don't call Ford a top notch auto manufacturer. Will see how Ford handles this one. Not sure what else to expect but know I'm very leery of driving it far. Would not recommend a Ford to an enemy. Its nice to make payments on a truck I can't drive.

King Ranch interior.

Put a real diesel engine that has a reliability factor to it. Fire the roadside assistance people at Ford and check the quality of work coming out of the dealerships and products going in to making a vehicle.