2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
No Problems
By Howell Williams on 07/29/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had no problems with my 2005 XLT FX-4 Ford F-350 crew. It has 44000 miles on it. I pull a 28' Durango fifth wheel camper (8800 lbs empty weight), and I trailer a 19 foot center console Fishmaster Boat behind that. I travel all over Texas and I have not had a problem yet with my 2005 truck with the 6.0 diesel. As a matter of fact, I pulled the same camper and boat with the previous truck I had with the 7.3 and I believe this 6.0 pulls better! It is a little slow on the start, but once I am going I can do 65 to 75 MPH, easily keeping up with other traffic on the freeways. And no, I do not have any kind of power kit or booster.

What the happened to Fords?
By Kathy Branco on 05/27/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Been a Ford person all my life. Have a 99, 7.3 Ford with 250,000 runs great and I wouldn't trade for anything. Got a 05 6.0 and it is been nothing but a nightmare and it is not just mine. We rodeo so we see many people with trucks and this is common. When you hook them up to a big trailer the built Ford tough do a bucking and jerking motion that will about rip your head off. All it takes is you to hit a bump to start it. Also from 40 thou miles now to 70 thou miles now I have put fuel injectors in the truck, three times. Fords answer to that, put injector additive. Ya, done that too These 6.0 are horrible and Ford knows it. What has happened to Ford?

2005 F-350 Crew- H-D Edition
By PATVL on 10/12/06 14:13 PM (PDT)

Too much down time.

the lemons
By craigjohnson on 09/06/06 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Oil injection pump went out at 49000 miles; front end locked up and had to be replaced at 30000 miles-had it at dealer 3 times for pulling left before it actually locked up. A dealer in Alabama (or should I say sublet to a mechanics house) butchered repair and now it's being repaired back in Atlanta. I really don't call Ford a top notch auto manufacturer. Will see how Ford handles this one. Not sure what else to expect but know I'm very leery of driving it far. Would not recommend a Ford to an enemy. Its nice to make payments on a truck I can't drive.

2005 Super Duty
By Jim on 08/24/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

All around a great truck, pull heavy loads day in and out, dependable, powerful, 6.0 is reliable, I will have it for a very, very long time. Extremely happy with it.

2005 350 diesel
By Hugh on 05/14/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great fuel mileage at 55mph, about 22, lower as speed increases. People notice the truck. Fun to drive and safe in almost all conditions although it's hard to weigh down the bed in snow because of the large payload capacity. Tows almost anything; I have to look to see if my boat is still attached. Had Dodges and liked them but really like this Ford.

Great Truck
By Craig on 12/18/05 16:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A drug addict crossed the yellow line and hit me head on. Long story short, the Chevy 1/2 ton was sent to the junkyard and its driver went to the hospital. My truck has about $5000 worth of damage, and I barely felt a thing.

no need for diesel
By bailey on 10/09/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Definitely the biggest on my block, and the new 3V 5.4L V8 is all I really need. If you're not regularly towing 10K+ lbs on long trips, don't waste the $5K on the diesel, and stop waking up the neighbors. :) This new 5.4 makes more HP than the old 460, and almost as much torque but is 2 litres smaller. I get 14MPG around town despite the 315/70/17 (35") BFG all terrains I added. The 2.5" RevTek level kit ($215) gives it a perfect stance, and the tough exterior design is the best of the Big 3. I bought the XL because real trucks were meant to have rubber floors and basic options. Ford's chrome, carpet and leather don't really hold up over time especially if you use your truck like a truck.

Tough 350
By gpizinger on 09/24/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Ford improved so many items on this vehicle. The ride and tighter turning radius is fabulous. The V10 is like an electric powerhouse. The 5 speed automatic seems to be improved. I wish the Ford temperature gauges actually told the consumer what the temperatures are in degrees. Reflectors on the towing mirrors are easily damaged with any encounter; need to be relocated. I tow an 8000 lb trailer and it is hard to notice its presence.

Bad safety features
By Kympathy on 08/12/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

This truck has no turning radius at all. It bounces so much when speeds exceed 50 mph that your teeth rattle. In addition, Ford chose to remove some essential safety features, like LATCH anchor for children. I hate this truck. I will never buy a Ford again, or from the dealership