2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
help please
By JIMMYJACK on 11/28/09 12:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

First 18000 miles a great truck,after that changed turbo 3 times, changed 4 fuel injectors, brakes are weak. still trying to get the power fixed before warranty runs out.i have 25000 miles now i was told i need to run truck more. really good people at service department that i deal with i can call any time and get help from them i just don't think they get the help they need. i pulled a bull dozer behind this truck when it was new i never seen anything so strong until i started having trouble with it at about 18,000 miles one more thing when you hit a bump on the road frontend shakes really bad if tires are at all low of pressure.

No Problems
By Howell Williams on 07/29/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had no problems with my 2005 XLT FX-4 Ford F-350 crew. It has 44000 miles on it. I pull a 28' Durango fifth wheel camper (8800 lbs empty weight), and I trailer a 19 foot center console Fishmaster Boat behind that. I travel all over Texas and I have not had a problem yet with my 2005 truck with the 6.0 diesel. As a matter of fact, I pulled the same camper and boat with the previous truck I had with the 7.3 and I believe this 6.0 pulls better! It is a little slow on the start, but once I am going I can do 65 to 75 MPH, easily keeping up with other traffic on the freeways. And no, I do not have any kind of power kit or booster.

What the happened to Fords?
By Kathy Branco on 05/27/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Been a Ford person all my life. Have a 99, 7.3 Ford with 250,000 runs great and I wouldn't trade for anything. Got a 05 6.0 and it is been nothing but a nightmare and it is not just mine. We rodeo so we see many people with trucks and this is common. When you hook them up to a big trailer the built Ford tough do a bucking and jerking motion that will about rip your head off. All it takes is you to hit a bump to start it. Also from 40 thou miles now to 70 thou miles now I have put fuel injectors in the truck, three times. Fords answer to that, put injector additive. Ya, done that too These 6.0 are horrible and Ford knows it. What has happened to Ford?

2005 F-350 Crew- H-D Edition
By PATVL on 10/12/06 14:13 PM (PDT)

Too much down time.

the lemons
By craigjohnson on 09/06/06 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Oil injection pump went out at 49000 miles; front end locked up and had to be replaced at 30000 miles-had it at dealer 3 times for pulling left before it actually locked up. A dealer in Alabama (or should I say sublet to a mechanics house) butchered repair and now it's being repaired back in Atlanta. I really don't call Ford a top notch auto manufacturer. Will see how Ford handles this one. Not sure what else to expect but know I'm very leery of driving it far. Would not recommend a Ford to an enemy. Its nice to make payments on a truck I can't drive.

2005 Super Duty
By Jim on 08/24/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

All around a great truck, pull heavy loads day in and out, dependable, powerful, 6.0 is reliable, I will have it for a very, very long time. Extremely happy with it.

2005 350 diesel
By Hugh on 05/14/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great fuel mileage at 55mph, about 22, lower as speed increases. People notice the truck. Fun to drive and safe in almost all conditions although it's hard to weigh down the bed in snow because of the large payload capacity. Tows almost anything; I have to look to see if my boat is still attached. Had Dodges and liked them but really like this Ford.

Good Idea, Bad Engineering.
By klyons on 02/11/06 10:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The truck in general is a good truck. But at 30,000 miles I had the turbo replaced. Now with 50,000 miles my gauge cluster, shocks, and CD player are being replaced. The front suspension is being rebuilt by the dealer due to a terrible shimmy at all speeds (TSB). The brake pedal can be pushed all the way to floor, which I'm told is normal for this truck. Only 6 months old and 50,000 miles, I wouldn't recommend this truck to anyone, BUY A DODGE. I was a long time Ford fan, not anymore. Luckily I'll be getting a new one at 200,000 miles

Mine is a Diesel
By Todd Craig on 12/29/05 23:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

While not listed as an option above, I own the 6.0 power stroke diesel. This is the best performing, handling and visually appealing truck I have ever owned. Power is unreal, fuel consumption is very good for an 8,000 lb truck. I travel extensively in my job and look forward to putting between 400 and 500 thousand miles on this truck.

Great Truck
By Craig on 12/18/05 16:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A drug addict crossed the yellow line and hit me head on. Long story short, the Chevy 1/2 ton was sent to the junkyard and its driver went to the hospital. My truck has about $5000 worth of damage, and I barely felt a thing.