Used 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Love my truck hate rust
By brian w

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a 03 with v10 and 04 with v10 they have the same every thing. But the 03 was junk maybe built on Friday. Not the motor just the rest. My 04 must of been built on god's day sun day because I have no problems with it expect ball joints go out all the time breaks to the breaks are half my fault I pull a 5000 Pound trailer with no breaks. But I will tell you it pulls so good I forget when it's on there the truck brakes will stop on a dime I've hit them hard at 70 miles per hour they saved my hide. The truck has 77,000 thousand on it drivetrain is great still I love it. But I am mad at Ford and so should we all be the truck rear fender are geting rusty. Beautiful paint but now I got rust.

color and pulling power and people tell me how nice it is. it's red

get trucks that don't rust when there only 6 yrs old and get better ball joints or warranty them for life get better still on you roaders they rust out at 30,000 thousand 50,000 and 77,000 3 pair rotors 3 pair of ball joints at 77,000 and now rust great truck get these bugs out it's not a rustoyota

Quality policy needs review
By Carson

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've driven 10,000 miles since I bought my truck. Still get valve noise until engine is hot. Mileage is 13.5 mpg when I try. The steering is very light on- center and is sometimes hard to keep straight on rough roads. I've had to take it back to the dealer four times for engine clatter when cold and for other drive train noise. On the positive side it has the best factory paint I've ever seen and the interior room is great. I have to wonder if the 'thin as water' 5w20 oil the factory says I have to use in the engine contributes to the valve clatter.

I really like the rugged suspension, ground clearance and the heavy duty 4 speed auto transmission.

The 5.4 liter engine really needs help when equipped with the 373 axle gear ratio. All in all I would buy another one but will get the extended cab and the 411 axle ratio next time.

owner
By cobrajetken

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

very nice front end steers very
staight with almost no
corrections more leg room than
i,will ever use i,m 6'3" tall and have
to pull the the seat up 2 clicks up or
i cant get the clutch all the way down
i never had so much room in a cab
unless it had an air seat i installed a
tornado in the air intake and now get
almost 18 mpg on the hwy try that with
an automatic (my friend gets 10)mpg to
11 mpg

6 speed transmission has nice close ratio;s shifts like butter with or without the clutch manual hubs alow you to use low range without going into 4 wheel drive 3.73 limited slip and camper package snow plow package makes the truck handle very well in all weather

limited slip could be a little tighter oil filter could be a little longer

junk
By ram45

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

transmission failed at 6000 miles and
ford will not replace it

get a real transmission