Used 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Awesome
By eldorado

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very beautiful truck. Pulled 30 ft 5th wheel fantastic up mountains. Overall the truck is so pretty. Have had a lot of compliments. The truck is tough.

Favorite Features

A lot of room in back seat. I like the shape of the side windows in front. Very powerful.

Suggested Improvements

A longer warranty would be nice.

Buyer Beware
By DAVE FARRELL

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After the warranty period my repairs have included 7 injectors, head gaskets, egr cooler, engine oil cooler, high pressure and low pressure oil pumps, fuel pump, egr valve, and broken lifter/broken cam. Finally replaced engine with used 2006. Cost repairs at Ford garages total over $23,000.00 plus lost income & expenses. All break downs at very inconvenient times and places. If you use your truck in any business at all, Ford will not help. And the lemon law does not apply to you. If you plan on keeping a truck for more than 3 years or driving it more than 100,000 miles. then my advice is to shop around, friend.

Suggested Improvements

Many thousands of these one ton diesels are purchased each year to be used to deliver new camping trailers to dealers. 100,000 miles per year is normal. Need a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. A 373 rear gear option. Bigger exhaust. Dual oil filters. Alternator gauge.

Love it!
By rideahd

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The truck is my wife's primary vehicle. We LOVE it! It has been completely reliable and has all the power we need to haul our 2-horse trailer, loaded. I also have no worry about my wife driving it if she's ever in a serious auto accident. I am completely comfortable that it will keep her safe.

Favorite Features

High riding seats = good visibility! Comfort for long hauls. Very comfortable cross-country with horse trailer. Interior SPACE!

Suggested Improvements

Day time running lights. Programmable power settings like the aftermarket performance companies provide. High power for towing, low power for around town.