2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
I Love Mt 6.0 Powerstroke
By brandonpsd on 12/25/11 02:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I love my Powerstroke. Some say that the 6.0 PSD is a horrible diesel, but as long as you keep up on the normal Maintenance than you will be ok. Anybody with a tiny bit of mechanical sense can keep this pickup going. I have not had 1 problem with my F350 and it has 147000 miles on her. So, in my opinion, keep up on the normal work and your Powerstroke will go a very long ways wether it be a 6.0 or the 7.3.

You're Out of Your Mind
By S.J. on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was! I sold my Dodge Cummins to buy this pretty Ford that had been babied for its 56,000 mi. After a month I had to replace ball joints and that seemed strange. Then I towed my 5000lb boat, the first time the truck had actually towed anything and it overheated. I go to the dealer and he immediately rattles off $5000 in repairs. I ask how he knows this and he says "These 6.0 engines do this." Since it's out of warranty it's all on me. Ford will do nothing even though they know so many of their trucks are lemons. I never had this problem with a Cummins, so if you want a diesel stick with Dodge.

well
By mike on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I added a banks exhaust, k & n air cleaner, bully dog chip. I jumped 100 horses, went from 8.5 mpg to 18 mpg. Warranty worthless on electrics. Fuel module broke at 61,000. Cost, , $1700.00, ouch

Can you say "Class Action"?
By Devastated on 08/20/10 10:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Worst experience of our lives. Bought what we thought was the truck of our dreams. Just after warranty, we had classic Oil Cooler, EGR cooler, and head gasket failure. The dealer lied and shafted us by fixing only one symptom (EGR cooler) and within a month the rest failed. Am now looking at over $10,000 to repair. Look up on any diesel forum and you'll see the same problems over and over again about the Navistar 6.0. Ford is suing Navistar because of the high failure rate of this engine. Ford will not stand behind this lemon of an engine for their customers. We're in financial ruin because of this truck. Can't sell it, can't afford to fix it. Class action lawsuit is whats needed.

Awesome
By eldorado on 07/29/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very beautiful truck. Pulled 30 ft 5th wheel fantastic up mountains. Overall the truck is so pretty. Have had a lot of compliments. The truck is tough.

6.0 is worthless
By nothappy on 04/21/08 05:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Nice truck if you are into looking and not driving. 6.0 psd is the worst engine ever. Ford only made it for 3.5 years. If you have one, you are stuck. If you don't take my advice and NEVER make this mistake. I would not ever sell this truck to an unsuspecting person like ford so readily did.

Buyer Beware
By DAVE FARRELL on 08/11/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After the warranty period my repairs have included 7 injectors, head gaskets, egr cooler, engine oil cooler, high pressure and low pressure oil pumps, fuel pump, egr valve, and broken lifter/broken cam. Finally replaced engine with used 2006. Cost repairs at Ford garages total over $23,000.00 plus lost income & expenses. All break downs at very inconvenient times and places. If you use your truck in any business at all, Ford will not help. And the lemon law does not apply to you. If you plan on keeping a truck for more than 3 years or driving it more than 100,000 miles. then my advice is to shop around, friend.

Great truck
By Scott on 06/16/06 06:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this truck almost a year now and throughly enjoy it. It has all the power, comfort and style you could ask for. I pull several different trailers and have never had a lack of power in a variety of driving conditions.

Fun350
By Walter on 03/24/06 20:07 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I drive this truck daily for work, about 100+ miles daily. I do love the ride and its performance in traffic. When I need to get up and go I do quickly. I have only had one major problem with the motor. I had a pitted block and had the motor replaced under warranty. The new engine seems to be better than the original. I feel the this issue was handled quickly and with out any problems. I would gladly buy another F 350.

Love it!
By rideahd on 03/10/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The truck is my wife's primary vehicle. We LOVE it! It has been completely reliable and has all the power we need to haul our 2-horse trailer, loaded. I also have no worry about my wife driving it if she's ever in a serious auto accident. I am completely comfortable that it will keep her safe.