Used 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

I Love Mt 6.0 Powerstroke
By brandonpsd

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I love my Powerstroke. Some say that the 6.0 PSD is a horrible diesel, but as long as you keep up on the normal Maintenance than you will be ok. Anybody with a tiny bit of mechanical sense can keep this pickup going. I have not had 1 problem with my F350 and it has 147000 miles on her. So, in my opinion, keep up on the normal work and your Powerstroke will go a very long ways wether it be a 6.0 or the 7.3.

Favorite Features

Turbo. HD Suspension.

You're Out of Your Mind
By S.J.

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was! I sold my Dodge Cummins to buy this pretty Ford that had been babied for its 56,000 mi. After a month I had to replace ball joints and that seemed strange. Then I towed my 5000lb boat, the first time the truck had actually towed anything and it overheated. I go to the dealer and he immediately rattles off $5000 in repairs. I ask how he knows this and he says "These 6.0 engines do this." Since it's out of warranty it's all on me. Ford will do nothing even though they know so many of their trucks are lemons. I never had this problem with a Cummins, so if you want a diesel stick with Dodge.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Cummins engine.

well
By mike

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I added a banks exhaust, k & n air cleaner, bully dog chip. I jumped 100 horses, went from 8.5 mpg to 18 mpg. Warranty worthless on electrics. Fuel module broke at 61,000. Cost, , $1700.00, ouch

Favorite Features

More power then I can ever use. Mileage not now that I chipped it. Transmission with "toll hall" is a must, , works great

Suggested Improvements

Electric needs better quality

Can you say "Class Action"?
By Devastated

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Worst experience of our lives. Bought what we thought was the truck of our dreams. Just after warranty, we had classic Oil Cooler, EGR cooler, and head gasket failure. The dealer lied and shafted us by fixing only one symptom (EGR cooler) and within a month the rest failed. Am now looking at over $10,000 to repair. Look up on any diesel forum and you'll see the same problems over and over again about the Navistar 6.0. Ford is suing Navistar because of the high failure rate of this engine. Ford will not stand behind this lemon of an engine for their customers. We're in financial ruin because of this truck. Can't sell it, can't afford to fix it. Class action lawsuit is whats needed.

Favorite Features

Love the style, the look, the ride but get rid of the 6.0 Diesel! I can't stress enough about this problem. Even Wikipedia talks about how bad this engine is. Look up Ford F350 on there. So bad it only lasted 3.5 years in their trucks.

Suggested Improvements

Ford; stand behind your customers! You're suing Navistar for billions, while trying to recoup as much money as you can from your customers. Step up to the plate and solve this problem. Hundreds of thousands of customers are forking out thousands of dollars out of their own pockets for repairs.

Awesome
By eldorado

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very beautiful truck. Pulled 30 ft 5th wheel fantastic up mountains. Overall the truck is so pretty. Have had a lot of compliments. The truck is tough.

Favorite Features

A lot of room in back seat. I like the shape of the side windows in front. Very powerful.

Suggested Improvements

A longer warranty would be nice.