2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
I Love Mt 6.0 Powerstroke
By brandonpsd on 12/25/11 02:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I love my Powerstroke. Some say that the 6.0 PSD is a horrible diesel, but as long as you keep up on the normal Maintenance than you will be ok. Anybody with a tiny bit of mechanical sense can keep this pickup going. I have not had 1 problem with my F350 and it has 147000 miles on her. So, in my opinion, keep up on the normal work and your Powerstroke will go a very long ways wether it be a 6.0 or the 7.3.

You're Out of Your Mind
By S.J. on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was! I sold my Dodge Cummins to buy this pretty Ford that had been babied for its 56,000 mi. After a month I had to replace ball joints and that seemed strange. Then I towed my 5000lb boat, the first time the truck had actually towed anything and it overheated. I go to the dealer and he immediately rattles off $5000 in repairs. I ask how he knows this and he says "These 6.0 engines do this." Since it's out of warranty it's all on me. Ford will do nothing even though they know so many of their trucks are lemons. I never had this problem with a Cummins, so if you want a diesel stick with Dodge.

well
By mike on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I added a banks exhaust, k & n air cleaner, bully dog chip. I jumped 100 horses, went from 8.5 mpg to 18 mpg. Warranty worthless on electrics. Fuel module broke at 61,000. Cost, , $1700.00, ouch

Love my truck hate rust
By brian w on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a 03 with v10 and 04 with v10 they have the same every thing. But the 03 was junk maybe built on Friday. Not the motor just the rest. My 04 must of been built on god's day sun day because I have no problems with it expect ball joints go out all the time breaks to the breaks are half my fault I pull a 5000 Pound trailer with no breaks. But I will tell you it pulls so good I forget when it's on there the truck brakes will stop on a dime I've hit them hard at 70 miles per hour they saved my hide. The truck has 77,000 thousand on it drivetrain is great still I love it. But I am mad at Ford and so should we all be the truck rear fender are geting rusty. Beautiful paint but now I got rust.

Can you say "Class Action"?
By Devastated on 08/20/10 10:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Worst experience of our lives. Bought what we thought was the truck of our dreams. Just after warranty, we had classic Oil Cooler, EGR cooler, and head gasket failure. The dealer lied and shafted us by fixing only one symptom (EGR cooler) and within a month the rest failed. Am now looking at over $10,000 to repair. Look up on any diesel forum and you'll see the same problems over and over again about the Navistar 6.0. Ford is suing Navistar because of the high failure rate of this engine. Ford will not stand behind this lemon of an engine for their customers. We're in financial ruin because of this truck. Can't sell it, can't afford to fix it. Class action lawsuit is whats needed.

Awesome
By eldorado on 07/29/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very beautiful truck. Pulled 30 ft 5th wheel fantastic up mountains. Overall the truck is so pretty. Have had a lot of compliments. The truck is tough.

6.0 is worthless
By nothappy on 04/21/08 05:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Nice truck if you are into looking and not driving. 6.0 psd is the worst engine ever. Ford only made it for 3.5 years. If you have one, you are stuck. If you don't take my advice and NEVER make this mistake. I would not ever sell this truck to an unsuspecting person like ford so readily did.

Problem with 6.0 Repeats Itself
By F350 Overheats on 03/15/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overheating problem is persistent and common with 6.0 diesel motor. Three times the EGR cooler and Oil Cooler went bad. Three sets of headgaskets in first 100K miles. Coolant is always low because it loses it. This condition runs rampant in this motor. Ford will do nothing to determine or fix the root cause of the problem. Nor will they offer alternate transportation. Three year old truck has spent two months of that time in the repair shop. Ford considers this acceptable and they do nothing to compensate for lost time without work truck.

Not Reliable at any price
By lariat 4x4 on 12/11/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle based upon the advertising in magazines about the towing capacity of the Ford F-350. I purchased the 4x4 Offroad, Lariat, Turbo Diesel. Since I have owned it, it has had the engine light on constantly and a whining noise when I go up a hill exhibiting no energy. Multiple visits to the dealership have not corrected the problem. Finally, this past summer, it " blew off " the turbo charge while I was pulling the horse trailer, on 4 separate occasions. It has been repaired on all occasions. And as Ford corporate states, " the vehicle has been fixed, Ford has met its obligation." Well I have a terminally ill vehicle and would not recommend a Ford Turbo diesel to anyone.

Buyer Beware
By DAVE FARRELL on 08/11/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After the warranty period my repairs have included 7 injectors, head gaskets, egr cooler, engine oil cooler, high pressure and low pressure oil pumps, fuel pump, egr valve, and broken lifter/broken cam. Finally replaced engine with used 2006. Cost repairs at Ford garages total over $23,000.00 plus lost income & expenses. All break downs at very inconvenient times and places. If you use your truck in any business at all, Ford will not help. And the lemon law does not apply to you. If you plan on keeping a truck for more than 3 years or driving it more than 100,000 miles. then my advice is to shop around, friend.

1 2 3 4 5 next »