2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Review: Won't buy another, grossly ove

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Won't buy another, grossly overpriced
By Eric on

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new in '03 with the 7.3L diesel. I have replaced two drive shafts, four sets of u-joints and a clutch (at 90,000). I hate to think what I have spent on the brakes. I have never pulled a trailer over 4,000 pounds. In fact, I rarely pull a trailer other than 14' utility with an ATV and camping gear. At 112,000 miles it rides like a cattle truck. I have driven only standard transmission vehicles for the past 32 years. The Ford repair shop actually told me the problem with the drive train was due to my driving. I am trading this vehicle in as soon as possible. The only thing super duty about it are the maintenance fees.

Lots of interior room. Good heater.

Brakes and drive train. The 7.3 L diesel engine is solid.
By kevinmac2
on 09/27/12 18:46 PM (PDT)

I purchased a 2003 Ford F350 Super Duty Turbo Diesel 4x4 last fall (2011). It had 103,000 miles on it. The check engine light comes on too often. The mechanics at Lithia Ford in Boise told me that there was no reason to reset the check engine because it would "continue to come on" from time to time. I've noticed that when I floor it getting onto the freeway that an hour later the check engine will go off. It will come on again whenever I drive in town. As far as quality, I'd say that it is the toughest truck I've ever known. It pulls trailers and whatever else I want, with ease. I can't imagine a better truck!