Used 2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-350-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Real Truck Value
By CaptJCHill

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We bought this used with 52k miles in great shape, but needing brakes, ball joints, shocks, and tires. Have driven 14 hrs straight and found it to be very comfortable on the Interstate, much more so than anticipated. Very strong with the 5.4L V8, but would opt for more power if towing in the mountains. 4WD and locking diff work flawlessly (manual hubs). Would like to have more convenience options, but not planning to sell this SuperDuty any time soon! Extremely reliable, well engineered and well made with good looks and 16 mpg on the highway, 13 mpg city. That is value in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Tie down hooks in the bed, locking tailgate, skid plates, load and towing capacity, ride, handling, ride height

Suggested Improvements

Improve turning radius, add a volt meter and daytime running lights, trailer light hook-up location

Great Truck
By binko

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Had a F250 4x4 gas truck that rode bad. This F350 4x4 rides almost like a car. It has a 6.0 diesel that has been problem free. They had to reprogram it once. I have had no other problems at all with this truck. Power is great; runs better than the gas truck plus I am getting twice the mileage. Am averaging around 17mpg. I run this truck pretty hard. I have driven a diesel truck for 33 years as an over the road driver so I know how to operate one. I think a lot of people who have problems with a diesel really don't understand how they work. You can't operate it like a gas engine.This is the best Ford truck I have ever owner and I have owned a few. I would not even go look at any other truck.

Favorite Features

6.0 diesel engine with the 5 speed auto. Inside comfort with styling and ride. A real work horse. Pulls my boat like it isn't there. Up hills my friend with a gas Chevy goes out of sight behind me.

Suggested Improvements

I have a truck with everything I could need. Power back window would be nice and I hear that Ford has that now.

Lemon
By Lemon

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is is with out a doubt the worst vehicle I have ever owned! It spent more time in the dealer than on the road. This is the Ford F350 6.0 turbocharger. It is known for its problems but Ford is trying very hard to keep it under their hat. Four turbochargers were replaced before it had 17k miles, with an array of other problems. They have definitely lost quality control!

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior and quality control on who makes their parts.

Awesome
By Mombo

V-10 power, Super Duty Looks, and BIG presence on the road .... this truck is everything a truck should be. Sure I only get 10mpg but then again if I bought solely for economy I'd be riding around in a Toyota. Test drive the V- 10, the V-8 just doesn't have the ooomph to be comfortable in this class (and it's only a 500.00 option)

Favorite Features

V10 Power, Ride Height, Exterior Looks

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage, in a word, sucks