2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Won't buy another, grossly overpriced
By Eric on 07/04/10 11:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new in '03 with the 7.3L diesel. I have replaced two drive shafts, four sets of u-joints and a clutch (at 90,000). I hate to think what I have spent on the brakes. I have never pulled a trailer over 4,000 pounds. In fact, I rarely pull a trailer other than 14' utility with an ATV and camping gear. At 112,000 miles it rides like a cattle truck. I have driven only standard transmission vehicles for the past 32 years. The Ford repair shop actually told me the problem with the drive train was due to my driving. I am trading this vehicle in as soon as possible. The only thing super duty about it are the maintenance fees.

6.0 Diesel
By DL davis on 04/11/07 21:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed everything but the number of times this vehicle has returned to the dealership for injector problems. Ford has pretty much admitted they can"t fix it. The warranty left 2 weeks ago and the truck will soon follow. I won't be buying a Ford diesel this time, but probably will try a GMC or Dodge diesel!

6.0L Diesel Problems
By Bill on 03/18/07 05:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.0L Diesel has been nothing but an expensive problem. Can't keep fuel injectors in it. Ford does not care about the problem. I know of many others who own the 6.0L diesel and have the same problems. If you pull a trailer or carry heavy loads, the 6.0 can't handle it. If you are a "Weekend Cowboy" and just ride around in the truck, it might be ok.

F-250
By George Karibian on 05/21/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use it for towing and love it! If you ever tow or are thinking of buying an RV you need to look at this one. I work construction and I would say that Ford is by far the most predominate vehicle out there on the job.

6.0 Diesel nightmare
By THEWBJE on 04/03/06 10:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

2003 F 350, new engine after only 3000 miles, in shop total of 51 days in 3 years. New engine, sensors, rear end out at 29,000, turbo problems--worst ever for reliability. Great when it runs but last three vacations ruined with engine problems.

ford does not back there own trucks
By creekside contractin on 03/30/06 16:26 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the 6.0 diesel has been a nitemare since day one and ford can not fix the many problems it has had since i purchaced the truck.i do not think it fair that i get stuck with a lemon just because they can not fix their own trucks. they have changed injectors and done many reprograms to try to fix it but nothing has worked.

Thanks Ford
By Catherine Otto on 06/29/05 15:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I am 50+, short, female. I love to drive my truck; in fact it is an easier drive and more comfortable than my Lincoln Mark VIII. Our 90+ year old Auntie loves it too; she drives a Cadillac. The turbo problem was fixed by Ford. The two tone is very good looking and I love the door windows with the extra viewing area for the side mirrors. Only have low miles so far, it is not a work truck--for play and commute only, so the fuel is still only getting 16mpg.

30 years of Ford trucks, first bad one
By John on 05/04/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased this truck new in April 2003. With the exception of the fuel economy claim in the brochure the truck was great. Clutch fan failed in Sept. 2003 and resulted in a reflash. This truck has become a problem ever since. 3 clutch fans, 2 sending units, rear main seal, fuel gauge, egr, chronic driveability issues that Ford cannot resolve. We purchased a new vehicle as we are now at the stage of our lives where we can travel and since new this truck has not made it through one vacation without a breakdown and shop time. Worst vehicle I've ever owned. 30 years of owning nothing but Ford F series pickups this is the first bad one and boy, is it bad. Should have kept my 2000 7.3!

Ford Tough
By beagletim on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overall a great truck. Rides well. Good power from the 6.0 and nice tranny shifts.

2003 F-350 6.0 Diesel
By cvonzwehl on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Great truck once the problems are worked out of the new diesel engine (dealers need more training on them). Truely rides like a limo but without any load in the rear, can get a bit bouncey. New five-speed auto trans gives lots of range on the power curve and good fuel economy. Love the new sun roof and the reverse sensing alarm (for which I recommend to anyone with a cap).