Used 2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Won't buy another, grossly overpriced
By Eric

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new in '03 with the 7.3L diesel. I have replaced two drive shafts, four sets of u-joints and a clutch (at 90,000). I hate to think what I have spent on the brakes. I have never pulled a trailer over 4,000 pounds. In fact, I rarely pull a trailer other than 14' utility with an ATV and camping gear. At 112,000 miles it rides like a cattle truck. I have driven only standard transmission vehicles for the past 32 years. The Ford repair shop actually told me the problem with the drive train was due to my driving. I am trading this vehicle in as soon as possible. The only thing super duty about it are the maintenance fees.

Lots of interior room. Good heater.

Brakes and drive train. The 7.3 L diesel engine is solid.

6.0 Diesel
By DL davis

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed everything but the number of times this vehicle has returned to the dealership for injector problems. Ford has pretty much admitted they can"t fix it. The warranty left 2 weeks ago and the truck will soon follow. I won't be buying a Ford diesel this time, but probably will try a GMC or Dodge diesel!

Torqueshift transmission was great no problems. Fuel economy OK. 10-14mpg

Offer some type of refund for all the inconveinence and lost profits

6.0L Diesel Problems
By Bill

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.0L Diesel has been nothing but an expensive problem. Can't keep fuel injectors in it. Ford does not care about the problem. I know of many others who own the 6.0L diesel and have the same problems. If you pull a trailer or carry heavy loads, the 6.0 can't handle it. If you are a "Weekend Cowboy" and just ride around in the truck, it might be ok.

Body and interior hold up well. The truck looks good.

Reimburse customers for the continual, same repairs to the 6.0L diesel.

F-250
By George Karibian

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use it for towing and love it! If you ever tow or are thinking of buying an RV you need to look at this one. I work construction and I would say that Ford is by far the most predominate vehicle out there on the job.

4X4 on the fly.

Ford needs to have a electrical package for those of us who work from our trucks. It would be nice to have a built in AC 110 power supply to plug in our computers and welders.

6.0 Diesel nightmare
By THEWBJE

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

2003 F 350, new engine after only 3000 miles, in shop total of 51 days in 3 years. New engine, sensors, rear end out at 29,000, turbo problems--worst ever for reliability. Great when it runs but last three vacations ruined with engine problems.

ENGINE RELIABILITY.