Used 2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Won't buy another, grossly overpriced
By Eric

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new in '03 with the 7.3L diesel. I have replaced two drive shafts, four sets of u-joints and a clutch (at 90,000). I hate to think what I have spent on the brakes. I have never pulled a trailer over 4,000 pounds. In fact, I rarely pull a trailer other than 14' utility with an ATV and camping gear. At 112,000 miles it rides like a cattle truck. I have driven only standard transmission vehicles for the past 32 years. The Ford repair shop actually told me the problem with the drive train was due to my driving. I am trading this vehicle in as soon as possible. The only thing super duty about it are the maintenance fees.

Lots of interior room. Good heater.

Brakes and drive train. The 7.3 L diesel engine is solid.

Unhapppy customer
By Unhappy customer

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my truck for 4 years and have had to replace water pump twice in 18 months, a u joint, injector o rings, erg cooler, oil cooler,injector sensor,trans coller sensor,fuel pump,and now I have a major vibration when decelerating. I have had to put $6000.00 out of pocket because most failed 6 months out of warranty and Ford won't stand by their product when they know about the problems with the 6.0.

I love the body style and when it's running the power it has pulling.

You already made improvements by getting rid of the 6.0.

Real Truck Value
By CaptJCHill

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We bought this used with 52k miles in great shape, but needing brakes, ball joints, shocks, and tires. Have driven 14 hrs straight and found it to be very comfortable on the Interstate, much more so than anticipated. Very strong with the 5.4L V8, but would opt for more power if towing in the mountains. 4WD and locking diff work flawlessly (manual hubs). Would like to have more convenience options, but not planning to sell this SuperDuty any time soon! Extremely reliable, well engineered and well made with good looks and 16 mpg on the highway, 13 mpg city. That is value in my opinion.

Tie down hooks in the bed, locking tailgate, skid plates, load and towing capacity, ride, handling, ride height

Improve turning radius, add a volt meter and daytime running lights, trailer light hook-up location

6.0 Diesel
By DL davis

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed everything but the number of times this vehicle has returned to the dealership for injector problems. Ford has pretty much admitted they can"t fix it. The warranty left 2 weeks ago and the truck will soon follow. I won't be buying a Ford diesel this time, but probably will try a GMC or Dodge diesel!

Torqueshift transmission was great no problems. Fuel economy OK. 10-14mpg

Offer some type of refund for all the inconveinence and lost profits

6.0L Diesel Problems
By Bill

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.0L Diesel has been nothing but an expensive problem. Can't keep fuel injectors in it. Ford does not care about the problem. I know of many others who own the 6.0L diesel and have the same problems. If you pull a trailer or carry heavy loads, the 6.0 can't handle it. If you are a "Weekend Cowboy" and just ride around in the truck, it might be ok.

Body and interior hold up well. The truck looks good.

Reimburse customers for the continual, same repairs to the 6.0L diesel.