2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
VERY Happy with diesel
By roadfrog on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We towed through the Northern U.S. pulling an 8000 lb travel trailer, putting the truck through a real acid test. It performed flawlessly. The diesel mileage was great (13-15 mpg) and we passed most, if not all other trucks on hills. We could do this for 12 hrs a day with little fatigue, thanks to the comfort this vehicle provides. It's a Lincoln Continental in wolf's clothing. So far my only warranty issues have been door squeaks, a seat's "Lariat" embroidered logo where the thread was coming undone and a bumper which was slightly off center.

GREAT SO FAR !!!!
By Canine on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I pull a 3 horse trailer weekly, fully loaded. The engine response, comfort, giddyup and go that this Diesel powerstroke has is incredible. I now have no problems pulling onto the highway and passing on the highway is easy. I do my own servicing and it is easier than I expected. The roomy interior and comfortable seats are enjoyed by my family of five. The dealership was easy to work with which I did mostly over the internet. No pushing by the sales person, Dennis Frizzell and the service department when I have spoken with them is very friendly, and are more than eager to help even after the sale.

big ash truck
By kuma on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is not all that big I drive the big boys down the highway so this is small. Got the v10 gas mileage not great but hell I didn't it for gas mileage. Not one problem. Will haul anything. Lariat more comfort than my couch.

It Doesn't Get Better Than This
By Trucker on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The ford f-series just stands above all other trucks because its just the most fun to ride and can haul almost anything you can put on it. Try your best to look for a better truck, but there's nothing better at the moment.

had to have it
By mighty #3 on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in an 01' F150 crew cab for this baby and I couldn't be happier! I've been driving Fords for the last 10 years and I actually looked at the Chevy's this time but there was no comparison. F350, 4x4, crew cab, Lariat package, 7.3 lt. deisel...what more could you ask for. I LOVE IT!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME
By Durango on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The powerstroke engine is fantastic. even if you don't use this truck to it's full potential. This is just a great all-around truck! The mileage is just as good as my Expedition and my F150, just more bang for the buck.

Poor reliability
By Friendly Pete on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I don’t ask much from a vehicle, but I do want reliability. This F350 has been just as bad as my sons first car a YUGO. I don’t mean to sound off my feed, but I expect better from a new product like this truck than to be left stranded on the road (3 times), all with a load of horses coming back from a event. One transmission latter and two rear ends I am at my wits end. The V10 is not as strong as my other new truck (non Ford, both as a result of the problems with this unit) even though the ratings are about the same. I must however give it to Ford, this Truck rides much better than expected for such a heavy hauler.

Best Truck Ever
By stitch84 on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

If you haul livestock, cars, farm equipment or just your family, this truck can get the job done!

it doesn't get any better
By p-diddy on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The whole hype about terrible gas mileage is wrong. if you drive a truck the way you are supposed to, like i do, i get 15 highway and 11-12 in town, which beats the last chevy 1ton i had by far.

I love my truck!
By tnsewalkin on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck will pull ANYTHING! Last fall I pulled a rather large horse trailer through the Smoky Mountains - if not for the sight of it in my rearview mirror, I would've been positive the trailer wasn't back there. It's comfortable, powerful, looks good, hauls well, has more rear leg room than my Explorer Limited.....okay, so it drinks gas, but so what? And it's a little tight in the mall parking lot.... I wouldn't trade my truck for ANYHING!