2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Wonder why there's no option for the 7.3 on this site? oh well...
By trkngrl on 05/17/13 20:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2002 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel (that's a mouth full). It currently has 215,000 miles on it. I absolutely love this truck and everything about it. I've put a lot of money into repairs so far but I've put more money in aftermarket performance parts/unnecessary parts (Large tires, Lift kit, chip, fast track fuel system, tranny cooler, tranny shift kit, etc) which is my own fault. The only repair I've been majorly disappointed with was the transmission going out and even with that happening I still love my truck. My maintenance: Avg oil change: $120, Radiator $150, Rebuilt Tranny: $3000, Alternator $250, rebuilt front leaf springs $500, Ujoints $200

2002 SUPERDUTY TRANY PROB.
By JEFF HENGGELER on 04/05/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a S/D that only has 73000 miles and have had too replace / rebuild tranny twice now. Not super impressed with Ford's poor excuse of a trany behind the best motor Ford produced. I bought and use my truck for towing. If I could do it over again I would seriously consider a different brand.

Great Truck
By gcspray on 01/13/10 02:29 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

We bought the truck new in 2002. I wanted the 7.3 liter diesel with a six speed manual transmission, so we bought this truck before the 6.0 liter engines were introduced. The truck has been trouble free. It was recalled for the cam position sensor. I had the front rotors and brake pads replaced in 2009 because the OEM rotors warped. The new brakes are powerslot rotors with hawks pads, and they are great! The truck has 38K original miles, and is garage kept. I do not use the truck for a daily driver. It has been used to pull a 36 foot 5th wheel camper, and a enclosed race car trailer with a vintage car. We are planning on keeping the truck as long as it has servicable life left in it.

can it be any better.
By paulghorton on 02/25/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck, with a little money for upgrades can pull trailers with ease. Some or these trailers exceed 20,000 pounds and holds speeds up steep hills with ease. With an exhaust brake the down hills are safe and enjoyable. The only downside is the transmission will eventually fail to handle all the power from the engine. When doing extreme towing be prepared for a transmission upgrade. Once done this truck is a beast.

Built Ford Tough
By sal on 12/28/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Outstanding durability! This truck pulls what ever I need, where ever I need it. I have owned Dodge, Chevy and Ford, and this is by far the best built truck I have ever owned.

2002 F350 CC LB 4X4
By jgh9540 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great Truck, expensive maintainance.

Transmission problem
By Jack Wright on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Transmision not what it should be with the 7.3 power stroke. No warning, just smoked and the temp gauge did not show any heat problem, was in normal range .In shop in Cordele, Ga. Had to leave travel trailer and will have to travel back to pickup when repaired. Rented rental vehicle to travel home 550 miles. Will be replacing at 118,000 miles. I had '95 and replaced transmission at 210,00.

It really is a
By TJR on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After own a 1995 F-350 the 2002 was a complete surprise. They have improved so many of its features espically the ride and cab room it beats both the Chevy's/GMC's and the Dodges without a doubt.

Love my ford
By FFEMT3231 on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very reliable and powerful vehicle whether im pulling heavy loads or just driving around.

Excellent Vehicle Choice
By PCitizen on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Basically, it is a fine vehicle and I am very glad I purchased it. The truck, though relatively new (10053 miles and one year older) runs and rides like the day I drove it home - the only difference is the mileage has steadily gotton better. I am getting about 22 mpg on the highway and 15.8 in the city. I am very pleased and have no regrets. I have read and heard of problems with them from bad trannys, rear ends, shorted wiring harnesses; but haven't witnessed any of this on my truck.