Used 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Wonder why there's no option for the 7.3 on this site? oh well...
By trkngrl

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2002 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel (that's a mouth full). It currently has 215,000 miles on it. I absolutely love this truck and everything about it. I've put a lot of money into repairs so far but I've put more money in aftermarket performance parts/unnecessary parts (Large tires, Lift kit, chip, fast track fuel system, tranny cooler, tranny shift kit, etc) which is my own fault. The only repair I've been majorly disappointed with was the transmission going out and even with that happening I still love my truck. My maintenance: Avg oil change: $120, Radiator $150, Rebuilt Tranny: $3000, Alternator $250, rebuilt front leaf springs $500, Ujoints $200

Very roomy interior, tough exterior body, have had no major engine problems so far, comes stock with no catalytic converter :D, truck idles nicely, I highly recommend getting a TRANSMISSION COOLER and optional shift kit to lengthen the life of your tranny. Well worth the money.

Changing out front leaf springs to coil overs, beefier transmission, better stock fuel pump, more stock horsepower

2002 SUPERDUTY TRANY PROB.
By JEFF HENGGELER

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a S/D that only has 73000 miles and have had too replace / rebuild tranny twice now. Not super impressed with Ford's poor excuse of a trany behind the best motor Ford produced. I bought and use my truck for towing. If I could do it over again I would seriously consider a different brand.

cab comfort and size

better drive train.

Great Truck
By gcspray

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

We bought the truck new in 2002. I wanted the 7.3 liter diesel with a six speed manual transmission, so we bought this truck before the 6.0 liter engines were introduced. The truck has been trouble free. It was recalled for the cam position sensor. I had the front rotors and brake pads replaced in 2009 because the OEM rotors warped. The new brakes are powerslot rotors with hawks pads, and they are great! The truck has 38K original miles, and is garage kept. I do not use the truck for a daily driver. It has been used to pull a 36 foot 5th wheel camper, and a enclosed race car trailer with a vintage car. We are planning on keeping the truck as long as it has servicable life left in it.

Power to spare! Drives like it is on rails.

Better front brake rotors

can it be any better.
By paulghorton

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck, with a little money for upgrades can pull trailers with ease. Some or these trailers exceed 20,000 pounds and holds speeds up steep hills with ease. With an exhaust brake the down hills are safe and enjoyable. The only downside is the transmission will eventually fail to handle all the power from the engine. When doing extreme towing be prepared for a transmission upgrade. Once done this truck is a beast.

The 7.3 ltr engine. It is large, can handle lots of punishment and can be upgraded with little effort. The looks are also a real plus, as is all the big Super Duties of all years.

Transmission upgrade, and an electric fan in front to help air flow through the several layers of cooling items.

Built Ford Tough
By sal

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Outstanding durability! This truck pulls what ever I need, where ever I need it. I have owned Dodge, Chevy and Ford, and this is by far the best built truck I have ever owned.

Auto 4X4 and interior design.

Heated exterior mirrors should come as standard.