2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Wonder why there's no option for the 7.3 on this site? oh well...
By trkngrl on 05/17/13 20:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a 2002 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel (that's a mouth full). It currently has 215,000 miles on it. I absolutely love this truck and everything about it. I've put a lot of money into repairs so far but I've put more money in aftermarket performance parts/unnecessary parts (Large tires, Lift kit, chip, fast track fuel system, tranny cooler, tranny shift kit, etc) which is my own fault. The only repair I've been majorly disappointed with was the transmission going out and even with that happening I still love my truck. My maintenance: Avg oil change: $120, Radiator $150, Rebuilt Tranny: $3000, Alternator $250, rebuilt front leaf springs $500, Ujoints $200

2002 SUPERDUTY TRANY PROB.
By JEFF HENGGELER on 04/05/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I own a S/D that only has 73000 miles and have had too replace / rebuild tranny twice now. Not super impressed with Ford's poor excuse of a trany behind the best motor Ford produced. I bought and use my truck for towing. If I could do it over again I would seriously consider a different brand.

Great Truck
By gcspray on 01/13/10 02:29 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

We bought the truck new in 2002. I wanted the 7.3 liter diesel with a six speed manual transmission, so we bought this truck before the 6.0 liter engines were introduced. The truck has been trouble free. It was recalled for the cam position sensor. I had the front rotors and brake pads replaced in 2009 because the OEM rotors warped. The new brakes are powerslot rotors with hawks pads, and they are great! The truck has 38K original miles, and is garage kept. I do not use the truck for a daily driver. It has been used to pull a 36 foot 5th wheel camper, and a enclosed race car trailer with a vintage car. We are planning on keeping the truck as long as it has servicable life left in it.

Good Looker
By 2MileHi on 10/30/09 21:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Really like this truck. Pulled 10k pounds of hay easily and now pull a toy hauler/front deck, so 1400# on the tongue. Put on a Reese Class V Titan hitch and air bags. No sweat. Mileage could be better, and my '86 F250 6.9, while a smoker, is much quieter and it has the dimmer switch on the floor where they belong. Wish Ford still made the 7.3. Not perfect but sure beats a Chev or Fiat Ram imho!

American Built to Build America
By Jon Bees on 07/10/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have the V10, six speed off-road package. This is an excellent truck. The only problems I have experienced were a throw-out bearing and brakes. I bought it used and there is a gooseneck hitch already installed. Obviously someone had been using it for heavy hauling and to only have these problems is great. On numerous occassions, I've hauled gravel, dirt, and block, all with no problem! The ride is a little rough unloaded and I average 11.5 mpg, but you shouldn't buy a super-duty to go grocery shopping or to take your kids to soccer practice. Loaded, it rides like a Lincoln. This is one tough truck. If you mean business, buy a Ford Super-Duty!

can it be any better.
By paulghorton on 02/25/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck, with a little money for upgrades can pull trailers with ease. Some or these trailers exceed 20,000 pounds and holds speeds up steep hills with ease. With an exhaust brake the down hills are safe and enjoyable. The only downside is the transmission will eventually fail to handle all the power from the engine. When doing extreme towing be prepared for a transmission upgrade. Once done this truck is a beast.

Built Ford Tough
By sal on 12/28/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Outstanding durability! This truck pulls what ever I need, where ever I need it. I have owned Dodge, Chevy and Ford, and this is by far the best built truck I have ever owned.

2002 F350 CC LB 4X4
By jgh9540 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great Truck, expensive maintainance.

Hemi Killer
By garnet on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My truck has the 7.3 diesel that averages 16 mpg. I drive it rather hard and have had no porblems with it. The auto trans shifts a bit hard, though acceptably. Build quality is good, not up to Lexus/Acura/Infinity standards though. Without Cummins, Dodge wouldn't sell a single HD truck. Cummins is an awesome engine, but resides in a piece of junk "truck". I don't even need to speak about Chevy, all their trucks do is look good in ads and showrooms. Ford is the best HD truck around, just look at tow trucks, construction sites and ambulances...all Ford 1 ton vehicles!

Transmission problem
By Jack Wright on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Transmision not what it should be with the 7.3 power stroke. No warning, just smoked and the temp gauge did not show any heat problem, was in normal range .In shop in Cordele, Ga. Had to leave travel trailer and will have to travel back to pickup when repaired. Rented rental vehicle to travel home 550 miles. Will be replacing at 118,000 miles. I had '95 and replaced transmission at 210,00.