Used 2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Powerhouse
By ballesco

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I'm very pleased with my F350 Dually, it is actually way more truck than I need. Pulls trailers lke there's nothing behind it. MPG can be scay on hilly hauls - as low as 10, but average 15 mpg. Highest was 19 mpg, lowest 9 mpg. ABS light comes & goes - dealer cks it and resets. Replaced clutch assembly on 5-spd for a grand, but oil, brakes, tires are the only tings it has needed. Fantastic truck!

Favorite Features

View! Can see anything, large mirrors are great too.

Suggested Improvements

Hate the drink holder - drinks always fall out at takeoff. Could use a little noise dampening. MPG: would be nice if better, but it is a huge truck!

Great Truck
By D.L. Martin

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

4 wheel drive bought new and now has some 66,000 miles. Used to haul various trailers and camper. Has duals for camper and when on it rides like a car - off it is trucky. Taken many long trips (Alaska, Canada, etc.)with camper and very comfortable to drive and ride. Diesel is powerful with 12 mpg when loaded. Five speed manual transmission has good gear ratio. Ordered with high speed rear end which makes it a great highway traveler. No problems except a clutch pressure plate spring broke - cost about $800 to replace everything. Bought as a chassis cab and made a custom box for camper use. With truck rated at 13,000 lbs., never gets overloaded. It is a "keeper"

Favorite Features

Cab/seats are comfortable. Power of diesel is worth the extra money. Only maintenace is keeping clean fuel, air, and oil.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a bleedable clutch slave cylinder outside the housing. Put in adjustment on emergency brake.

Simply the Best!!
By Basset3

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I said I'd never own a Ford product...but here I am, owning a Ford F350 dually with a powerstroke diesel to tow equipment and hay. This is the finest truck I've driven, and I've driven a lot of them. A Dodge 3500 with a Cummins diesel was nice, but it didn't have the power the Ford does. The quality of workmanship is much better on the Ford than the Dodge, nor did I care for the workmanship on the Chevrolet. Fuel mileage so far on the diesel is around 14 combined city/highway driving. I would expect around 10 mpg or so when towing around 8,000 lbs.

Favorite Features

Powerstroke diesel by International. Quality of workmanship. Easy to drive (like a car). Great looks (it's black with silver trim). Large fuel tank (38 gallons)

Suggested Improvements

A standard CD player.

My dark blue 2000 F-350 diesel 4x4 truck
By xmayordan

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Although I have only had this vehicle for 5 days, I drove it from Colorado to California. It cruises at hiway speeds with no sweat. It sits very high and is easy to drive. The interior is roomy and comfortable. I traded in my 1999 F-250 XLT 4x4 truck and I really liked it also. I ran a carfax vehicle report on it and everything is clean. It is a luxury type vehicle in a truck body, yet tough enough for any hauling task or off road adventure.

Favorite Features

Shift on the fly four wheel drive, beautiful teal blue paint, luxury interior, power and torque of the diesel engine and overall appearance and performance make it a great vehicle.

Harley Hauler V10
By LarryN

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new and have been hauling Harley-Davidson's with a 20 foot enclosed trailer. The 6.8L V10 4X4 will pull anything I put behind it with ease at any speed. The leather interior is plush and very easy on a biker's rear. This F350 hardly knows when it is going uphill. This black truck looks great with my black trailer in tow. I can't think of a thing I would change, and it's Ford trucks for life!

Favorite Features

Engine and looks

Suggested Improvements

None