2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Best Truck Ever
By delete on 10/26/11 11:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I recently bought one of these things with 152k miles on it. Iv only had it for 4 months and it now has 165K miles on it. Its my daily driver. Runs great no problems. Total power house. Very attractive truck, gets alot of attention.

Great Truck
By D.L. Martin on 11/26/09 18:22 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

4 wheel drive bought new and now has some 66,000 miles. Used to haul various trailers and camper. Has duals for camper and when on it rides like a car - off it is trucky. Taken many long trips (Alaska, Canada, etc.)with camper and very comfortable to drive and ride. Diesel is powerful with 12 mpg when loaded. Five speed manual transmission has good gear ratio. Ordered with high speed rear end which makes it a great highway traveler. No problems except a clutch pressure plate spring broke - cost about $800 to replace everything. Bought as a chassis cab and made a custom box for camper use. With truck rated at 13,000 lbs., never gets overloaded. It is a "keeper"

Super Duty eats the competition
By nutfarmii on 06/07/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB

What can I say about this truck, it eats Dodges and GMC equivalents for breakfast. It pulls a 12k trailer up 42degree mountains like nothing is there at 55mph, the rear brakes lasted 130k miles and the room is great inside the cab. While pulling said trailer you can pass a semi at 80mph no problem and still accelerate

Got Power!
By lovnit on 04/06/07 22:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I have had my powerstroke for 1 year and I can say that I have loved every miniute of it. The mpg is a little bad. I average 10 to 12. For a diesel that is a little low, but the power is real. No problem getting up and going even with a load on. I can keep up too. Added an air lift to improve the load handling, works great, makes it softer like a Chevy. Watch out for the bolts in the turbo. They wiggle out. Replace or check after every 50k miles, change oil, and keep up on maintance and you shouldn't have a problem keeping it out of the shop except for the minor things. K&N filter, edge, bigger exaust, and cool air intake. They make a big difference.

100K and going strong
By Towin man on 01/06/06 16:38 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I have towed at least 20,000 miles of the 100K on this truck, and it has never let me down. I have done routine maintenance and replaced ball joints and rotors which came at 80K. Friends with similar Chevys are envious of the trouble free truck this has been. I could not be happier with the truck, and my family loves to travel in it for long trips as well as across town. My first Ford ever, but it won't be my last.

Much better than my old Z 71
By pawnmanjoe on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab LB

After replacing the transmission 3 times, I bought this F 350. Move over Z71. When I pull my camper, there is no stopping me, execpt when I want to. Every thing is easy to use and easy to reach. I get 33 percent better fuel mileage than with my Z71 and I have a lot more room for my family. Long trips are very easy for us now. I have owned chevy's for 25 yrs, I will stick with my Ford.

Simply the Best!!
By Basset3 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I said I'd never own a Ford product...but here I am, owning a Ford F350 dually with a powerstroke diesel to tow equipment and hay. This is the finest truck I've driven, and I've driven a lot of them. A Dodge 3500 with a Cummins diesel was nice, but it didn't have the power the Ford does. The quality of workmanship is much better on the Ford than the Dodge, nor did I care for the workmanship on the Chevrolet. Fuel mileage so far on the diesel is around 14 combined city/highway driving. I would expect around 10 mpg or so when towing around 8,000 lbs.

My F-350 4WD CrewCab Dually LB
By colorado_cowboyx on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I love the size and towing capacity of this truck. It is a pleasure to drive very long distances, and the Powerstroke diesel engine runs and pulls flawlessly. I was unhappy with the number of warranty repair items that were required. Overall I am very pleased with the truck.

Powerhouse
By ballesco on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I'm very pleased with my F350 Dually, it is actually way more truck than I need. Pulls trailers lke there's nothing behind it. MPG can be scay on hilly hauls - as low as 10, but average 15 mpg. Highest was 19 mpg, lowest 9 mpg. ABS light comes & goes - dealer cks it and resets. Replaced clutch assembly on 5-spd for a grand, but oil, brakes, tires are the only tings it has needed. Fantastic truck!

Built FORD TOUGH !!!!!!!
By Keith Bentz on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I have owned this truck now for over three years. I have 220000 miles on it. I replace tires and u-joints every 75000 miles. Other than that I have not had ANY problems. It does not use any oil and gets around 12.5 miles to the gallon. This truck is a V-10 with duals and I LOVE IT !!!! I should easily get 500000 miles out of it.