1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:
Greatest truck I ever owned
By mrfordguy on 11/19/08 14:18 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have owned 2 Chevy 3/4 tons and a Toyota pickup and by far this truck out does any of the other trucks. This truck has the limited slip front and rear vith the 6.8 V10. I have 111,205 miles on her and she hasn't failed me yet. All you need to do is change the oil. The truck has great power and will out accelerate about any other truck out there and tows like a dream. I've hauled a 20 ft trailer loaded down with 2 tons of gravel and the bed and you can barley tell it's there. And the truck will climb up any hill offroad and does great on the trails it fits in

worst truck i've ever owned
By jim on 03/02/07 21:04 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

i bought mine off lease @ 140,000 miles, rear leafs broke before I could put any weight in it, winter came, it wouldn't start unless plugged in. Changed the entire glow plug system and still no start, drive shaft failed, transmission failed, front hub bearing failed, cup holder face broke, and the cabin had wind noise from the doors. I finally gave up throwing money at an expensive diesel truck. I will never own another computer controlled diesel; it never had a trouble code and no one could figure out the cold start problem... dealer told me the engine was worn out and needed to be replaced @140,000 miles. The transmission is one year & one model only and usually has to be ordered from Ford.

Truck-See SuperDuty 4x4 F-350
By colbyco on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Had numerous 4x4 P/U's.6-Chevy's, 2- Dodge's,and 1 other Ford.This truck is by far the closest to a perfect description of a truck. Carry load,2 tons gravel, no problem.Pull load, 32 ft 5th wheel w/21 ft boat in tandem, no problem.Bought 7.3 liter w/125 K,has chip and aftermarket turbo.265hp & 575lb torque.Can actually accelerate up steep hills loaded.13 mpg pulling load,and 16 mpg unloaded highway @ 65mph w/373 gears.4 whl disc have great stopping power.Lockers in front and rear great match for diesel.Ext cab great for short trips w/pass and extra luggage.Rides like a truck until loaded.All this from a vehicle w/130 K miles.Ford tran will outlast Dodge.

Last ruck I ever "NEED" to buy
By best buy on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Very comfortable, quality ride,great mileage, the very best truck I have ever owned. truck #6 for me have owned dodges,chevys, gmc and now 2 Fords and am very impressed with this truck above all others.

A real tough truck
By Dan Klug on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Wow.. A real tough truck to say the least. They hold their resale value better than Dodge and Chevy. The Powerstroke is the only way to go. Drove the big 3... the Ford is hands down a better Vehicle. They are also the hardest to find on the used market which might tell you somthing. As far as fuel... what are you crying about? Its a one ton Dually! 13 city 16.5 highway loaded or empty. Its better than an Expedition.. or Navigator. My 4WD Ranger only got 15-17 MPG. This is a true commercial vehicle with more power than you could ask for without buying a Semi Truck. And by the way... trucks are supposed to ride like trucks!

He's Going To Buy Another One!
By Marlies on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Love the dealership/don't care for Ford. 6-8 months after purchase all the glow plugs had to be replaced!? Truck pd in full May 2000. That summer the tranny had to be replaced as 5th gear went out?? Hit 36K That meant spending $3600 out of pocket. I called ford they wouldn't help at all!! Electrical problems started after 3rd yr. Inner and outer lights stay on.....

f-350
By joe zalar on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

this is the best f-seris i have ever owned and i have owned. it was a great joy and pleasure to own this vehicle.

One tough truck
By ripster on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

I tow 4500# and carry 3000# camper. I have the 6.8L V-10 with no problems. I have camped at over 11,000ft. Climbing rocky roads (rocks over 12in. diameter with camper in the bed. I pulled a 18,000# motorhome out of ditch this last winter in low-4, very easy. I carry camper and tow snowmobiles in the winter. I will buy a new one next spring with the new 6l PowerStroke. I did put in dynamat insulation in the cab so that road noise is kept to a minimum. I put in cat back exhaust and K&N filter system. I get approx 15mpg in town with these mods. Great truck!