1999 Ford F-250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
like a rock
By devyn_hogan on 01/17/12 19:25 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

only a couple small problems with it, the factory transmition was replaced (under warranty) in about a month from buying. and that is about it. will haul just about anything, i had a huge almost 40 foot camper with loft on top, (not a ultra light, normal hitch) going up a hill, when the old antifreeze (scratch that, ancient) decides to use the overflow hose. they placed the end right on top of the exhaust. wasn't pretty, but it made it the rest of the way. then we towed a large shed behind it. one story tall, all wood. diddent even notice it was there. now it plows the drivway, 9 foot plow and it pushes anything. love it

Great Truck
By Nehodamd on 09/14/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is a very good truck. I only have the 4.6L V8 but the performance is still good. I get 22 MPG with mixed city and highway driving with the a/c on! I was never a fan a ford but now i own one i'll never go back. This truck even with only 2WD can go anywhere i ask it too. I don't go off roading but I have taken it a few places other trucks would have gotten stuck.

Good Truck
By dbweaver on 11/23/07 19:56 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is the best, hardest working, most dependable work truck I have ever had. I have 129,000mi on it with only one repair, which was a new clutch kit.

pretty much a bullit-proof truck
By luvmytruck on 12/10/04 17:14 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've put over 60k miles on this beast including hauling a 36' fifth wheel trailer from California to Tennessee. We make yearly trips down into Baja Mexico. Only one time did it let me down, a rare failure of the camshaft sensor shut it down. That is my only complaint but a risk we take with modern computer reliance. We love this truck and have no intention of ever giving it up. Jus tneed to add a posi unit to it!

great vehicle
By wowhatarush on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great vehicle. I am 100% happy with it.

Big Blue
By sdscott on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The F250 has performed as a child- hauler and car-hauler. It has gotten us through the snow in winter and the air conditioning blows cold in the summer. The 7.3L diesel has had few mechanical problems.

1999 Ford F-250 Lariat 4WD SB
By ronkster44 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-250 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been by far the best truck I have ever driven.