Used 1999 Ford F-250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:

like a rock
By devyn_hogan

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

only a couple small problems with it, the factory transmition was replaced (under warranty) in about a month from buying. and that is about it. will haul just about anything, i had a huge almost 40 foot camper with loft on top, (not a ultra light, normal hitch) going up a hill, when the old antifreeze (scratch that, ancient) decides to use the overflow hose. they placed the end right on top of the exhaust. wasn't pretty, but it made it the rest of the way. then we towed a large shed behind it. one story tall, all wood. diddent even notice it was there. now it plows the drivway, 9 foot plow and it pushes anything. love it

Favorite Features

bullet proof design, still runs today. aggressive 4x4. always there when you need it, and will take what you throw at it and smile back the whole trip. plows almost anything, 3 foot storm last year, i dident even notice the extra weight in 4x4 low. love the towing

Great Truck
By Nehodamd

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is a very good truck. I only have the 4.6L V8 but the performance is still good. I get 22 MPG with mixed city and highway driving with the a/c on! I was never a fan a ford but now i own one i'll never go back. This truck even with only 2WD can go anywhere i ask it too. I don't go off roading but I have taken it a few places other trucks would have gotten stuck.

Favorite Features

The engine power vs. MPG ratio! 4 doors is always nice but a little tight. Many aftermarket parts to choose from.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit bigger back seat. Just change the interior, American cars are known for bad looking interiors. I've seen worse but Ford could take a huge step forward by changing it.

Good Truck
By dbweaver

1999 Ford F-250 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is the best, hardest working, most dependable work truck I have ever had. I have 129,000mi on it with only one repair, which was a new clutch kit.

Favorite Features

Good power, good handling, very dependable

Suggested Improvements

I wish Ford would go back to the old 7.3 liter.

pretty much a bullit-proof truck
By luvmytruck

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've put over 60k miles on this beast including hauling a 36' fifth wheel trailer from California to Tennessee. We make yearly trips down into Baja Mexico. Only one time did it let me down, a rare failure of the camshaft sensor shut it down. That is my only complaint but a risk we take with modern computer reliance. We love this truck and have no intention of ever giving it up. Jus tneed to add a posi unit to it!

Favorite Features

Inner-cooled turbo diesel, direct shift 4WD, power drivers seat. Ford out-did themselves when they build the F250 SD,there is not much that I don't like.

Suggested Improvements

These trucks should come standard with posi-track differentials, especially with the larger motors.

great vehicle
By wowhatarush

1999 Ford F-250 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great vehicle. I am 100% happy with it.

Favorite Features

It has exceptional power and breaking. The interior is very roomy and comfortable and the 4 doors come in handy.