1997 Ford F-250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
What a truck
By Bob Friebus on 08/20/10 16:55 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for 11 years and have done very little other than scheduled maintenance. I have hauled trailers up mountains, gone 4 wheeling over very large boulders, driven very long stretches with no problems what- so-ever. I have 198,000 miles on the odometer and have been amazed by the continued reliability of this truck. Ford has my business for life!

the ford that could
By nathan on 06/23/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 HD XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

i have had my ford for about 8 months and i have been shocked over and over i have hauled over 15,000 with a trailer. the most impresive was the 5100 hundred of scrap medal shavings just in the bed, no trailer. i love my truck, the only thing is i get lousy gas milege...

Best Dollar I Ever Spent
By Rain on 06/18/09 18:50 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 Lariat 3dr Extended Cab SB

This truck does everything well. What's amazing today, 13 years later, is its reliability and it drives new. "Built Ford Tough" is true. This isnt a commercial, just 13 years of ownership. I bet the truck has 13 more years left. Has 120K now and should do 250k. After 1200 miles, always used Mobil1. Replaced shocks and tires normal interval. Oxygen sensor replaced once and just changed the plugs at 120K and engine sounds new and runs out perfect.

good truck
By pwinky2 on 03/06/09 17:52 PM (PST)

1997 Ford F-250 HD XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This has been the best pickup truck that I have ever owned. It has done the work of ten trucks.

F-250 4wd HD 7.5L
By Mike on 03/14/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 HD XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

We bought this truck from a drilling company after it had 155,000 miles on it. Its a tank. The drilling company obviously did not take it easy on it and we have had minimal problems with it. The head gasket blew on it and some minor brake issues. With the 7.5L 460 and a 5 spd it has alot of power. The fuel milage is not the best because of the large v8. The truck is very solid and reliable. Suspension is very strong for hauling and towing. Lots of power and braking control with large trailers.

Good 97 F250
By Happy on 09/25/06 23:22 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought at 62k, now at 97k. Strongest pickup I have ever owned. Trailer pulling dream. Only has the 4.6 and still pulls like a mule. 100% dependable. Moving into a Super Duty, but sure going to miss this truck.

Solid Truck
By Dan on 08/30/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

No major problems (yet). Mine has the small v8 with tow package so it is slow going up hills with a trailer. At 100k miles transmission is starting to have rough shifts when cold. Haven't done much towing or city driving and it has a cooler as part of the tow package. Original Goodyear tires lasted 92k miles! Still on original disk brake pads at 108k miles. Best truck I have owned.

dependable truck
By Freddy on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've enjoyed this truck. It's a work truck. I've had 4 brake jobs - too often in my opinion. Other than that it's been flawless and always ready to go. Very comfortable, even on 8 hour drives.

ford f-250 power stroke diesel
By PENA on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I've had only one problem with this truck, the computer went out about 2 mo. after I had bought it. it was replaced under warrenty.

F250 4X4 SC HD LB DIESEL
By phasers on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford F-250 HD XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Great truck. I've had a lot of trucks in my business, many Fords. My experience has always been a big truck with a little engine and lots of gears. Poor power to weight and constant shifting. The Navistar DIT diesel is definetly the way to go with a truck. When the turbo spools up, there's no catching it. It'll pull a house off the foundation and gets good mileage (for a truck) as well. There are plenty of chatrooms for Q & A on this setup if you have a problem, and the guys will give you lots of responses to keep it going.