It always gets the job done and then some.
By lenan on
1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB
Over the last 160k miles this truck has been excellent. The 7.3L Power Stroke really is an amazing engine. It's got an incredible amount of torque on tap we've never had a single issue with it. I'm confident that I could tow or haul just about anything with this truck. You've also got to love that classic styling. I'd be lying if I said there haven't been a few fairly expensive repairs, but almost all of the major components still run like the day it was driven off the lot. It's spent it's entire life in Colorado so it's seen plenty of (sometimes very deep) snow, which it's handled excellently. They don't use salt on the roads in most of the state, so there's surprisingly little rust.
Favorite Features
As I mentioned the engine really is excellent. It pulls like an absolute champ. The handling is also surprisingly good- for such a big truck, it's pretty light on its feet and maneuverable.
Suggested Improvements
It's pretty comfortable, but it's about as noisy as you would expect from such a beast and the ride is pretty bumpy- though this a work horse, not a luxury car, so it's forgivable. The seats are also a little bit stiff and the interior is very 90s, but the driver's seat of this car is generally a very nice place to be. The rear window is also poorly designed. As you would expect the turning circle is fairly abysmal, and it's not a fun vehicle to park in tight spaces.