1996 Ford F-250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
7.3 l 4 dr. Crew shortbed
By lakeman88 on 06/15/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB

This truck has 240,000 miles, I change oil every 3000 mi. Had to replace 4 wheel drive system (auto) with warn hubs, this is a must, and a transmission at 70k. Placed seat covers, interior is 95% like new, dry Ariz climate, no rust, garaged its entire life. I receive offers at intersections to purchase at 12,000 dollars! I would not part with this truck, and when engine goes away, at what I estimate about 400k, I will place a crated 7.3 for approx 6, k, as a replacement truck is well over 38k, and give it to my son. I've pulled my 4000 lb. Boat up and down the mountains, pass other pickups without a trailer in tow. It's a bulldog of reliability. I love it. Lakeman88. Tucson az

Short bed 7.3 crew cab
By Trailboss on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB

Wife's truck to haul travel and horse trailers, and run around to dog shows from FL to WI. She didn't know she would love it so much. No engine mechanical problems after 210,000 mi. One bad door light switch and one elec. window only real problems to date. Still reliable for her to take long trips. May replace at 300K w/4x4 diesel long bed crew cab.

Owners daughter
By murlin on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB

this vehicle spent the winters in the south so it did not come in contact with snow and salt. the owner was a trained diesel mechanic and had a reputation for excellent maintenance on his vehicles.