1996 Ford F-250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
It always gets the job done and then some.
By lenan on 10/02/13 10:30 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

Over the last 160k miles this truck has been excellent. The 7.3L Power Stroke really is an amazing engine. It's got an incredible amount of torque on tap we've never had a single issue with it. I'm confident that I could tow or haul just about anything with this truck. You've also got to love that classic styling. I'd be lying if I said there haven't been a few fairly expensive repairs, but almost all of the major components still run like the day it was driven off the lot. It's spent it's entire life in Colorado so it's seen plenty of (sometimes very deep) snow, which it's handled excellently. They don't use salt on the roads in most of the state, so there's surprisingly little rust.

Great truck
By bigbubba357m on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned new and old Ford p/u. The body styles of these trucks are the best. The last 1994 Ford I had I finally sold at 523,000 miles this one now has 212,000 miles. Not a problem yet.

7.3 l 4 dr. Crew shortbed
By lakeman88 on 06/15/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB

This truck has 240,000 miles, I change oil every 3000 mi. Had to replace 4 wheel drive system (auto) with warn hubs, this is a must, and a transmission at 70k. Placed seat covers, interior is 95% like new, dry Ariz climate, no rust, garaged its entire life. I receive offers at intersections to purchase at 12,000 dollars! I would not part with this truck, and when engine goes away, at what I estimate about 400k, I will place a crated 7.3 for approx 6, k, as a replacement truck is well over 38k, and give it to my son. I've pulled my 4000 lb. Boat up and down the mountains, pass other pickups without a trailer in tow. It's a bulldog of reliability. I love it. Lakeman88. Tucson az

F-250 7.5
By goparts on 06/04/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This has been a great truck. It replaced my 1986 when it was totaled in a collision. The '96 did have a transmission replacement at 66000mi but otherwise great. The 7.5 engine does best with a bigger exhaust system.

An excellent truck
By Jim on 12/17/05 23:59 PM (PST)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I am the original owner. This truck has lived up to its maker's name ... Ford Tough. The brake problems that plagued earlier models is gone. This truck has no rattles. It pulls and pulls. I have the original batteries and they are still good. I have carried 4000 lbs in the back with no problem. I highly recommend this as a work truck for anyone as it has been reliable. The only repairs I have done are a starter relay, brakes, shocks, and glow plug relay. Thats it!

Great truck
By Txfishermn on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

Pulls like a truck should. Very little problems other than maintenance.

7.3 nothing better
By T Black on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Bought used with 17k, station in san diego for two years and drove home up in Washington State just short of us/candian border(1400 miles oneway) 4 times a year. Best ride and fuel economy for a 3/4 ton truck (avg 18, best 23 mpg). Never miss a beat and and easy on the pocket. Currently hauling 26 ft TravelTrailer and no lack of power.

tuff
By tool on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

ford tuff, enuff said

Love that truck
By Ping lou on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

This vehicle dose what it is supposed to

Short bed 7.3 crew cab
By Trailboss on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford F-250 HD XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB

Wife's truck to haul travel and horse trailers, and run around to dog shows from FL to WI. She didn't know she would love it so much. No engine mechanical problems after 210,000 mi. One bad door light switch and one elec. window only real problems to date. Still reliable for her to take long trips. May replace at 300K w/4x4 diesel long bed crew cab.