Used 1995 Ford F-250 XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:

It never stops
By Sass-quatch

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I brought this truck 2 years old with 30,000 miles on it. Since then I've put 170,000 miles on it without changing anything other than the battery. I haven't even been real good about the maintenance. Tranny fluid changed twice and the oil (only synthetic) every 5-8,000 miles, but I did have dual oil filters on it til the hose burst.

Favorite Features

Turn the key and it starts every time.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is poor, gets worse with age.

I love my truck
By Jose Garcia

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I have a diesel .... two tanks - can't beat that. I've put 200,000 miles on it with no problems. Only add diesel.

Favorite Features

Confort and miliage

Huge Power & 21MPG!
By egdiltrac

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

The 7.3 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel is an incredible workhorse. I commute 50+ miles a day and wanted the better mileage of a diesel. I'm getting 21+ MPG driving 70mph with AC on full blast most of the time. But this pleasing mileage is not at the expense of power. This truck will flat out move! The neck- snapping power puts a big grin on my face every single day I drive it. Ford builds the toughest truck on the road as well. The F250 is an extremely stout vehicle yet comfortable to drive. Seating, steering and braking are outstanding, suspension is fairly stiff but not back-breaking. Doors shut with the slightest push. I would buy again without hesitation.

Favorite Features

Powerstroke! Why get a gasoline engine that will get half the mileage and have half the power?

Suggested Improvements

The factory dual-mass flywheel fails early and often, is horrifically expensive ($1,200 for parts alone), and requires two men and a boy to push the clutch pedal to the floor.

A great truck
By Paul Schmitz

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

What a work horse. The truck will pull a house. Very poor turning radius but this is not a race car either. I love the truck. A truck is there to work not drive like a caddy. I recomend it to everyone that needs a good work truck.

Favorite Features

Lowered hitch for pulling. I have a jake brake attached and it will stop on a dime. Out standing bucket seats and interior.The V-8 7.3 liter diesel runs like a champ.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out some way to improve the turning but not a big deal though. Improve the oil pan plug. I have had two strip out.