Used 1995 Ford F-250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:

It never stops
By Sass-quatch

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I brought this truck 2 years old with 30,000 miles on it. Since then I've put 170,000 miles on it without changing anything other than the battery. I haven't even been real good about the maintenance. Tranny fluid changed twice and the oil (only synthetic) every 5-8,000 miles, but I did have dual oil filters on it til the hose burst.

Favorite Features

Turn the key and it starts every time.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is poor, gets worse with age.

bad azz blue truck
By billy bob

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought my truck from a auction in 2010, the truck has 10,256.....thats right 10256 orginal miles. No turn back of mile cause the one and only owner was the US government...confirmed it with car fax. truck is in great shape, runs great and looks great too....no rust on body. Some rust (age 15 yrs) underneith. The roads in michigan are really bad. My other cars got ripped apart from pot holes....now my truck makes the pot holes!!

Favorite Features

4x4, clean, trusted, durable!!

Suggested Improvements

optional: Hot blond, or a gun rack as standard equipment.

One tough truck!
By matt

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have had this truck 8 years going on 9. It's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It never quits. It has so much torque. I haven't found anything I couldn't pull. I plow snow with it and drive it daily. The guys at Ford knew something when they built this model and year. It's a consistent performer. I'm not even close to being bored with it. It continues to surprise me and excite me every time that I drive it.

Favorite Features

The power and the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better drink/ cup holder.

nice truck
By Matt

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I recently purchased a '95. Its an XLT 4x4 with the 5.8 and a 5 speed. I am very pleased with this truck. It has good road manners, and shines offroad. This truck loves the mud and is at home on the trail. The manual locking hubs are a pain, though they are strong. Overall, this is a great truck. My only gripe is poor(13 mpg) gas mileage, but it's a truck. If I wanted good gas mileage I would have bought a Prius.

Favorite Features

Good power.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic locking hubs would make things a lot easier.

Good Work Truck
By New Covenant Windows

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

We purchased our '95 F250 a year or two ago and have been impressed with its performance, even under heavy stress. We normally tow a 16' trailer, and sometimes haul heavy loads like bricks or other building materials. The 460 engine always starts well and has lots of power and torque for being a fairly primitive engine design. Fuel economy is usually anywhere from 9 mpg city/12 mpg highway, depending on the load and wind conditions, so the fuel bill leaves somewhat to be desired! The only trouble it has given us is some rear brake problems, cheap interior plastic parts, and some issues with the clutch linkage. Otherwise, it's been a solid, reliable work truck.

Favorite Features

Big engine, plenty of ground clearance, nice strong springs, axles and suspension parts. We've actually overloaded it several times and it's handled it well. ;)

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, redesign clutch linkage for more reliability, thicken up the plastic interior parts, improve metallurgy for less rust.