1995 Ford F-250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
It never stops
By Sass-quatch on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I brought this truck 2 years old with 30,000 miles on it. Since then I've put 170,000 miles on it without changing anything other than the battery. I haven't even been real good about the maintenance. Tranny fluid changed twice and the oil (only synthetic) every 5-8,000 miles, but I did have dual oil filters on it til the hose burst.

bad azz blue truck
By billy bob on 01/19/10 10:29 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought my truck from a auction in 2010, the truck has 10,256.....thats right 10256 orginal miles. No turn back of mile cause the one and only owner was the US government...confirmed it with car fax. truck is in great shape, runs great and looks great too....no rust on body. Some rust (age 15 yrs) underneith. The roads in michigan are really bad. My other cars got ripped apart from pot holes....now my truck makes the pot holes!!

One tough truck!
By matt on 01/09/07 18:08 PM (PST)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have had this truck 8 years going on 9. It's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It never quits. It has so much torque. I haven't found anything I couldn't pull. I plow snow with it and drive it daily. The guys at Ford knew something when they built this model and year. It's a consistent performer. I'm not even close to being bored with it. It continues to surprise me and excite me every time that I drive it.

nice truck
By Matt on 10/15/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I recently purchased a '95. Its an XLT 4x4 with the 5.8 and a 5 speed. I am very pleased with this truck. It has good road manners, and shines offroad. This truck loves the mud and is at home on the trail. The manual locking hubs are a pain, though they are strong. Overall, this is a great truck. My only gripe is poor(13 mpg) gas mileage, but it's a truck. If I wanted good gas mileage I would have bought a Prius.

Good Work Truck
By New Covenant Windows on 04/19/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

We purchased our '95 F250 a year or two ago and have been impressed with its performance, even under heavy stress. We normally tow a 16' trailer, and sometimes haul heavy loads like bricks or other building materials. The 460 engine always starts well and has lots of power and torque for being a fairly primitive engine design. Fuel economy is usually anywhere from 9 mpg city/12 mpg highway, depending on the load and wind conditions, so the fuel bill leaves somewhat to be desired! The only trouble it has given us is some rear brake problems, cheap interior plastic parts, and some issues with the clutch linkage. Otherwise, it's been a solid, reliable work truck.

public display of horsepower
By pdh on 02/23/05 02:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford F-250 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I love my truck even though I've done a lot lot to it. Bought it at 121,000 miles; at 140,000 miles had to rebuild the engine - new Crane cam, pistions, pushrods, lifters, new alternator, new water pump but the alt and water pump lasted 125,000 miles. Factory original 2 sets of tires also put a k&n air filter Only use Rotella T 5-40 full synthetic and platnium plugs, premium wires premium every thing - also have a goose neck hitch and full range of 6 axle trailer brake and all lights, even rv hook ups pushing 270hp and 400 ft pds

Excellent reliable Trucks
By jason Seamons on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought my truck w/113k miles and now it has 165K. I have only put in a new water pump, powersteering pump (which was my fault for burning it up) and a battery, and lots and lots of fuel. this baby is thirsty.

I love my truck
By Jose Garcia on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I have a diesel .... two tanks - can't beat that. I've put 200,000 miles on it with no problems. Only add diesel.

Huge Power & 21MPG!
By egdiltrac on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

The 7.3 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel is an incredible workhorse. I commute 50+ miles a day and wanted the better mileage of a diesel. I'm getting 21+ MPG driving 70mph with AC on full blast most of the time. But this pleasing mileage is not at the expense of power. This truck will flat out move! The neck- snapping power puts a big grin on my face every single day I drive it. Ford builds the toughest truck on the road as well. The F250 is an extremely stout vehicle yet comfortable to drive. Seating, steering and braking are outstanding, suspension is fairly stiff but not back-breaking. Doors shut with the slightest push. I would buy again without hesitation.

A great truck
By Paul Schmitz on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

What a work horse. The truck will pull a house. Very poor turning radius but this is not a race car either. I love the truck. A truck is there to work not drive like a caddy. I recomend it to everyone that needs a good work truck.