1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
This is a great old truck!
By articfox687 on 03/12/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck after a fleet retired it at 115k. It pulled a 14,000lb trailer every day before I bought it. I did have to rebuild the trans at 190k. But nothing else. I have the peppy 5.8L, and at 255k it will still pull a full size van on the trailer at 65mph and not slow on the hills. MPG 14-16, no matter what. The body is rusty now but from the drivers seat the truck still feels new. I love my big white beast. Way better truck that my '02 c2500 Chevy. I only wish Ford still made this exact truck!

Fixed Or Repaired Daily
By ForBadger on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

This truck has a real quality problem and is poorly engineered as a work vehicle. From day one, the front brakes would stick. Ford could never fix them. From 40K miles, leaks sprang up everywhere; valve guides, main seal, A/C compressor, rear axle, pinion seal, clutch slave cylinder, master cylinder, and a rusted gas tank. The engine bay is cluttered and hard to work on. The fuel filter is in a bad spot for replacement. Very poor torque from a standing start. Many other problems that seem to be the result of Ford trying new ideas and materials that didn't work out.