1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
It just won't stop
By Richard on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love the power and braking, added try Y headers and it became a whole new engine and better mpg. I get 12 on the fwy and 9 in town. This is a daily driver that tows occasionally (10 mpg towing) and off roads on the weekend. Capt. chairs are good but armrests are to high for me (I am a tall guy). Got the manual shifted transfer case so the solenoid wouldn't fail me in the mud (experience from the dealership I worked at). Installed manual locking 4x4 hubs. I have had this truck airborne off roading before and broke steering box but was still able to drive home and then to work to put new one in. I have never messed with the A/C system and it still blows cold, not so great in southern California traffic.

This is a great old truck!
By articfox687 on 03/12/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck after a fleet retired it at 115k. It pulled a 14,000lb trailer every day before I bought it. I did have to rebuild the trans at 190k. But nothing else. I have the peppy 5.8L, and at 255k it will still pull a full size van on the trailer at 65mph and not slow on the hills. MPG 14-16, no matter what. The body is rusty now but from the drivers seat the truck still feels new. I love my big white beast. Way better truck that my '02 c2500 Chevy. I only wish Ford still made this exact truck!

big block gas hog
By big johnson on 09/14/06 19:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

The truck is great. The mileage is lousy but it makes up for it in the power and torque.

Ok Truck
By reallyachevyguy on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought it used with 58k mi on it.It's been a pretty good on so far.But it does get LOUSY gas mileage. Between 7-10mpg empty. And the power I expected from the 460 wasn't quite there. But it does ok..think an aftermarket ignition is a must soon to help it out. Put a K&N filter and 3" single flowmaster on it and got some improvement. Definately get the front add-a-leaf...will save tires and improve the handling.

Poor Gas Mileage
By rayvjr43 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

It's a very nice truck. It's dependable, plenty of power, looks nice in and out. Mine has a 460 cubic inch engine, I am only getting 6 miles per gallon, I would Like to know if anyone knows what mpg this truck , with a 460 ci engine, and 4 speed auto trans got when new? Very happy with the truck other than gas mileage.

Fixed Or Repaired Daily
By ForBadger on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

This truck has a real quality problem and is poorly engineered as a work vehicle. From day one, the front brakes would stick. Ford could never fix them. From 40K miles, leaks sprang up everywhere; valve guides, main seal, A/C compressor, rear axle, pinion seal, clutch slave cylinder, master cylinder, and a rusted gas tank. The engine bay is cluttered and hard to work on. The fuel filter is in a bad spot for replacement. Very poor torque from a standing start. Many other problems that seem to be the result of Ford trying new ideas and materials that didn't work out.

F250 HD Diesel
By Amsoilguy on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Except for the underspung front end, which is corrected on mine, this truck has been great. It starts in the dead of cold, and gets between 16 and 19 around town. The body has held up well, for a 10 year old vehicle. They typical spots, over the wheel well and the extended cab are just coming through now. The interior still looks like the day I bought it. Gonna buy another. Best vehicle I ever had.