Used 1993 Ford F-250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:

It just won't stop
By Richard

1993 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love the power and braking, added try Y headers and it became a whole new engine and better mpg. I get 12 on the fwy and 9 in town. This is a daily driver that tows occasionally (10 mpg towing) and off roads on the weekend. Capt. chairs are good but armrests are to high for me (I am a tall guy). Got the manual shifted transfer case so the solenoid wouldn't fail me in the mud (experience from the dealership I worked at). Installed manual locking 4x4 hubs. I have had this truck airborne off roading before and broke steering box but was still able to drive home and then to work to put new one in. I have never messed with the A/C system and it still blows cold, not so great in southern California traffic.

The big engine (7.5L/460ci.) and brakes. Leg room and the plain simple design that just works great and doesn't break.

Electric cooling fans, so A/C works in the stop and go traffic in summer in socal, also would help fuel economy.

This is a great old truck!
By articfox687

1993 Ford F-250 XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck after a fleet retired it at 115k. It pulled a 14,000lb trailer every day before I bought it. I did have to rebuild the trans at 190k. But nothing else. I have the peppy 5.8L, and at 255k it will still pull a full size van on the trailer at 65mph and not slow on the hills. MPG 14-16, no matter what. The body is rusty now but from the drivers seat the truck still feels new. I love my big white beast. Way better truck that my '02 c2500 Chevy. I only wish Ford still made this exact truck!

Power, handling, and exceptional reliability.

Better rust prevention.

big block gas hog
By big johnson

1993 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

The truck is great. The mileage is lousy but it makes up for it in the power and torque.

The captains seats with the power lumbar.

Change automatic hubs to manual hubs. The auto hubs tend to unlock in the winter going down hills.

Ok Truck
By reallyachevyguy

1993 Ford F-250 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought it used with 58k mi on it.It's been a pretty good on so far.But it does get LOUSY gas mileage. Between 7-10mpg empty. And the power I expected from the 460 wasn't quite there. But it does ok..think an aftermarket ignition is a must soon to help it out. Put a K&N filter and 3" single flowmaster on it and got some improvement. Definately get the front add-a-leaf...will save tires and improve the handling.

Captains chairs in front are pretty comfy.

Better feeling brakes, better power and mpg, Better shifting points..4spd auto shifts terrible. Get a chevy.

Poor Gas Mileage
By rayvjr43

1993 Ford F-250 XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

It's a very nice truck. It's dependable, plenty of power, looks nice in and out. Mine has a 460 cubic inch engine, I am only getting 6 miles per gallon, I would Like to know if anyone knows what mpg this truck , with a 460 ci engine, and 4 speed auto trans got when new? Very happy with the truck other than gas mileage.

Well built, heavy duty, pulls 10,000 pounds of weight with no problem, it's comforateable, good 4 speed trans.

original Leaf springs in front are not good enough to support wieght. Front was sagging far enough to cause steering linkage binding. I put an add a leaf on each side which corrected the problem.