1992 Ford F-250 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:
Still rolling
By tom on 07/25/08 06:34 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

The can be no better vehicle. I drove a Chevy three quarter ton with a 454 engine for just over 125,000 miles. Then I bought my Ford F-250 diesel. Now after more than 223,000 miles I still enjoy it. The only problem I have had is a rough shift from first gear to second gear, so I just manually shift from 2 to Drive. Air conditioner has never had to be charged. I change the oil every three thousand miles. The paint has held up really well (white). All my friends keep asking when I will get me a new truck. I see no need to spend $30,000, when you have a great 1991 Ford F-250.

Great Truck For The $$$$
By Jose on 12/17/06 08:44 AM (PST)

1992 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck to tow my family's 20ft ATV trailer on weekend outings. Fully loaded we're only pulling a little over 3,000 lbs. and you can hardly tell it's back there. The 7.5 liter V-8 consistently gets 8-10 mpg but I really didn't expect any better. We just rolled over 100K miles and I'm thinking this truck's good for another 100K. We did just have to replace the U-joints and put brakes on it but I consider that normal maintenance.

Diesel 1992 Ford F-250
By Kenneth Coultrap on 09/01/06 16:45 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

My truck has been a workhorse that will pull 20,000 lbs. of lumber on a 2-axle 8-wheel HD trailer down the highway with ease. Brakes are great and didn't wear down until 100,000 miles. Clutch lasted til'179,000. The International 7.3 diesel has been trouble free and is reportedly good for 450,000. At 70+ mph it sails like a Caddy down the highway in 100 degree weather and the A/C has NEVER been recharged (still works great). Gets 20 MPG empty, and 10-15 MPG with loaded trailer. A $35,000 truck would be a giant step backward from having this thing at only 50% use. It's paid for and reliable, so what more could I want?