Used 1992 Ford F-250 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:

Still rolling
By tom

1992 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

The can be no better vehicle. I drove a Chevy three quarter ton with a 454 engine for just over 125,000 miles. Then I bought my Ford F-250 diesel. Now after more than 223,000 miles I still enjoy it. The only problem I have had is a rough shift from first gear to second gear, so I just manually shift from 2 to Drive. Air conditioner has never had to be charged. I change the oil every three thousand miles. The paint has held up really well (white). All my friends keep asking when I will get me a new truck. I see no need to spend $30,000, when you have a great 1991 Ford F-250.

Sets up high; seats are comfortable, the ride is stable; sound system is as good as it gets.

None

Great Truck For The $$$$
By Jose

1992 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck to tow my family's 20ft ATV trailer on weekend outings. Fully loaded we're only pulling a little over 3,000 lbs. and you can hardly tell it's back there. The 7.5 liter V-8 consistently gets 8-10 mpg but I really didn't expect any better. We just rolled over 100K miles and I'm thinking this truck's good for another 100K. We did just have to replace the U-joints and put brakes on it but I consider that normal maintenance.

The extended cab is really roomy. 3 kids between 9-12 ride on up to 4 hour trips with no complaints. It's just a really solid truck.

As with most long bed extended cab trucks the turning radius is really long.

• SUV