Used 1992 Ford F-250 Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 model:

Still rolling
By tom

1992 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

The can be no better vehicle. I drove a Chevy three quarter ton with a 454 engine for just over 125,000 miles. Then I bought my Ford F-250 diesel. Now after more than 223,000 miles I still enjoy it. The only problem I have had is a rough shift from first gear to second gear, so I just manually shift from 2 to Drive. Air conditioner has never had to be charged. I change the oil every three thousand miles. The paint has held up really well (white). All my friends keep asking when I will get me a new truck. I see no need to spend $30,000, when you have a great 1991 Ford F-250.

Sets up high; seats are comfortable, the ride is stable; sound system is as good as it gets.

None

Best Truck
By mud4x4

1992 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have been a Ford nut for many years and owned many Fords, This 92 F250, 4X4. has been a super truck to own and I wouldn't trade it for any of the other makes. It has hauled family & friends, huge loads of cargo in the box and a fully loaded tandem trailer without any problems at all. Starts in below zero weather every time. The only reason I didn't give the truck 10's everywhere was is there is always room to improve in anything! I'll drive this truck till I can't drive anymore and then still give it to the kids for their use! Love it. Thanks Ford!

Comfort & reliability. Love the height of the truck as well. Having the diesel version is way nice for economy but I have the gas version but still love it. Love the factory sound system as well, why replace something that good with an after market stereo!

None I can come up with. Why mess with something that works this well.

Great Truck For The $$$$
By Jose

1992 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck to tow my family's 20ft ATV trailer on weekend outings. Fully loaded we're only pulling a little over 3,000 lbs. and you can hardly tell it's back there. The 7.5 liter V-8 consistently gets 8-10 mpg but I really didn't expect any better. We just rolled over 100K miles and I'm thinking this truck's good for another 100K. We did just have to replace the U-joints and put brakes on it but I consider that normal maintenance.

The extended cab is really roomy. 3 kids between 9-12 ride on up to 4 hour trips with no complaints. It's just a really solid truck.

As with most long bed extended cab trucks the turning radius is really long.

Tow vehicle for 5th wheel trailer
By Bob

1992 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

This F250 long bed is ready to tow your 5th wheel trailer (rated 10,000 lbs. 9000 lb. rec.) 460 CID V8 (7.5L), AT, sliding rear window, AM/FM cassette, etc. Hitch, brake control, transmission cooler & temp gauge, mirrors, 5th wheel tailgate & 17 cubic foot truck trunk included. Just hook up and go. This truck is strong, fun to drive and good looking.

Can make a U-turn with 28' trailer on a city street.