1991 Ford F-250 Base Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Work Horse
By MB

1991 Ford F-250 Extended Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I've owned my 1991 F250HD for 12 years now. I use it primarily for hauling building supplies & firewood, and winter (snow) driving. I take this work horse back on the logging trails deep within the forest in the mountainous regions of the Sierra Nevadas. The engine is so powerful you don't realize you have an extremely heavy load. The brakes are undersized for this capacity, especially if you are decending from the higher elevations and using the brakes regularly.

Favorite Features

It can sit for months in the summer time and when I'm ready to use it in the winter, it fires right up without skipping a beat. I'm still using all original parts except for the battery and the engine fluids.

Suggested Improvements

Ford has made considerable improvements over the years in comfort and luxury. However, the base truck still remains the same ... extremely tough, reliable and versatile.

Work Horse