2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Great work truck, but a beast

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty

Great work truck, but a beast to drive
By matt_k on

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I drive an employer-owned F-250.
I can only say positive things about its ability to carry a load, including at least four passengers.
I recommend it if you need a real work horse of a vehicle, but not for the average "Harry Homeowner" who wants to drive a pickup.
The size and wheelbase of this truck can make it a hassle to manuever; especially in tight spaces and parking lots.
My personal truck, and F-150, is much easier to drive and still provides the utility of a pickup.

The comfort, fit and finish are all good quality. A stand-out item for me is the side-view mirrors. On a truck of this size, visibility can be a problem. The large side-view mirrors, especially the included wide-angle mirror, make me feel much more secure when changing lanes or backing.

This may seem like a small thing, but the turn signal switch is the worst! The switch itself does not have that solid "click" that everyone is accustomed to. It is more an electronic switch than mechanical, and takes a light touch. The audible tick that usually tells me the blinker is on, is also too soft to hear. This is a terrible combination of two bad features. I hope that Ford discontinues use of this switch system and returns to a mechanical switch. I want to know for sure when my blinker is on, and when it is off. The current system makes me guess.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review