'12 King Ranch FX4
By falconpike on
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)
I love this diesel. Bought a travel trailer and my 2010 F150 FX4 was laboring to get up 7% grade hills pulling a 25ft, 8,000pound trailer. Needed more towing power. This truck pulls w/authority! Looked at Dodge Larmie & GMC Denali. Its in the small details that Ford pulls ahead aside they didn't take gov bailout money. With Dodge it seemed to shift a little harder plus it was dead last in tow ratings. When looking at these trucks, you want the most towing. Not many faults in GMC, but the nav was hard to use, I didn't all the buttons around the driver disp that are in 1 spot w/Ford. Inlaws swear by the alison trans. I trust the al trans, its what surrounds it that I don't think will last.
Favorite Features
I wanted the '12 bc for 2013 Ford is using the Mytouch system in the SuperDuty and there was to many bad reviews on it plus wanted a year to see how others liked the new engine (and its awesome). Fords center console display, heated sliding power rear window (can't get heated & sliding with GMC/Chevy its one or the other, not sure on Dodge), comfortable seats, accessory up switches, bed extender, power folding/extending, HD radio (not available on Dodge or GMC/Chevy) and all out best in class towing did it for me. I love the auto start feature, will come in handy during winter months.
Suggested Improvements
Of course better gas milage but it is a truck so knowing the milage isn't good comes with owning one. Bigger Nav screen, my '10 F-150 came with a much bigger display. Bigger gas tank. My 150 had a 35gallon and this is only a 26? One touch up/down windows for all 4 windows for Lariat+ trim levels. No fuel cap for diesels like on your gas trucks. Better radio bass, bring back the audiophile systems. I know its being nit picky, but when you spend $60k+ on these trucks you should be.