Used 2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Love my truck...don't like Ford
By countrycityboy

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My King Ranch has been awesome in the couple seasons I've been using it for hunting on the Eastern Shore of Md., hauling prodigious amounts of firewood and towing a 12' fully loaded U-Haul from Ohio to NJ (up and down the mountains). My disappointment is that the mirror motor stripped (as it appears it does occasionally on other websites) and Ford will not honor the warranty. They claim it was damaged based on a "digital image expert" who analyzed a photo of the mirror. It was never damaged and the dealership agrees but is helpless to assist. I was hoping Ford would be that great American company I thought it was when I bought the truck...oh well. Still love the truck though!

Solid body, beefy torque, great leather interior (King Ranch is the way to go). The looks of the truck are great.

Fix the mirror motors so they don't strip and stand behind the warranty when they do strip.

Great work truck, but a beast to drive
By matt_k

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I drive an employer-owned F-250. I can only say positive things about its ability to carry a load, including at least four passengers. I recommend it if you need a real work horse of a vehicle, but not for the average "Harry Homeowner" who wants to drive a pickup. The size and wheelbase of this truck can make it a hassle to manuever; especially in tight spaces and parking lots. My personal truck, and F-150, is much easier to drive and still provides the utility of a pickup.

The comfort, fit and finish are all good quality. A stand-out item for me is the side-view mirrors. On a truck of this size, visibility can be a problem. The large side-view mirrors, especially the included wide-angle mirror, make me feel much more secure when changing lanes or backing.

This may seem like a small thing, but the turn signal switch is the worst! The switch itself does not have that solid "click" that everyone is accustomed to. It is more an electronic switch than mechanical, and takes a light touch. The audible tick that usually tells me the blinker is on, is also too soft to hear. This is a terrible combination of two bad features. I hope that Ford discontinues use of this switch system and returns to a mechanical switch. I want to know for sure when my blinker is on, and when it is off. The current system makes me guess.

BEST FORD TRUCK YET
By flablueovalfan

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

2012 F250 King Ranch 4X4, 6.7 Diesel This is the 7th Ford pickup I have owned - it is without a doubt the best yet. I traded an '09 F150 Platinum 4X4, because of the need for a stronger truck for towing. This truck doesn't flinch at towing 8,000 pounds. Unburdened, around town, it easily achieves 17 mpg. The day I purchased the truck from a dealer in Louisiana, we drove it back to Florida and saw 23 mpg in mostly highway driving - that is easily a 6 mpg improvement (city/highway) over the 1,000 # lighter F150! With 800 ft./lbs. of torque on tap at barely off idle, it transits any terrain with no effort. The build quality is excellent as well. I am very pleased with this new Super Duty!

performance and fuel mileage of 6.7 Turbo Diesel, build quality

Could use some more interior lighting, install larger 35 gal fuel tank from long (172") wheelbase truck in short (156") wheelbase.

Solid Duty
By wbroussard

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very pleased with the MPG 17 overall. 6.7 turbo diesel. Engine is very responsive and powerful.

Engine. Extendable mirrors. Drive-ability. Very solid feel on the road. Storage space

Bigger Nav screen, why are the interior dimensions slightly less than the F150? Needs 50 gal tank!I put in a Titan tank the first week I had it.

The BEAST!
By wbroussard

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 2012 F150 Plat and was very happy with the ecoboost but had a heavy trailer to pull approx #8000. A little too much for the F150. I bought the F250 7 months later and WOW! no comparison with the 6.7 Diesel. It gets the same mileage and the trucks wgts close to 8000# vs the 6000 for the F150. Unbelieveable power

Engine, engine, Engine!

26 Gal tank?????? The f150 had a 36 gal tank.