2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Great work truck, but a beast to drive
By matt_k on 11/12/13 03:43 AM (PST)

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I drive an employer-owned F-250. I can only say positive things about its ability to carry a load, including at least four passengers. I recommend it if you need a real work horse of a vehicle, but not for the average "Harry Homeowner" who wants to drive a pickup. The size and wheelbase of this truck can make it a hassle to manuever; especially in tight spaces and parking lots. My personal truck, and F-150, is much easier to drive and still provides the utility of a pickup.

BEST FORD TRUCK YET
By flablueovalfan on 12/11/12 06:09 AM (PST)

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

2012 F250 King Ranch 4X4, 6.7 Diesel This is the 7th Ford pickup I have owned - it is without a doubt the best yet. I traded an '09 F150 Platinum 4X4, because of the need for a stronger truck for towing. This truck doesn't flinch at towing 8,000 pounds. Unburdened, around town, it easily achieves 17 mpg. The day I purchased the truck from a dealer in Louisiana, we drove it back to Florida and saw 23 mpg in mostly highway driving - that is easily a 6 mpg improvement (city/highway) over the 1,000 # lighter F150! With 800 ft./lbs. of torque on tap at barely off idle, it transits any terrain with no effort. The build quality is excellent as well. I am very pleased with this new Super Duty!

Solid Duty
By wbroussard on 11/27/12 18:18 PM (PST)

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very pleased with the MPG 17 overall. 6.7 turbo diesel. Engine is very responsive and powerful.

The BEAST!
By wbroussard on 10/21/12 15:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 2012 F150 Plat and was very happy with the ecoboost but had a heavy trailer to pull approx #8000. A little too much for the F150. I bought the F250 7 months later and WOW! no comparison with the 6.7 Diesel. It gets the same mileage and the trucks wgts close to 8000# vs the 6000 for the F150. Unbelieveable power

'12 King Ranch FX4
By falconpike on 10/18/12 22:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love this diesel. Bought a travel trailer and my 2010 F150 FX4 was laboring to get up 7% grade hills pulling a 25ft, 8,000pound trailer. Needed more towing power. This truck pulls w/authority! Looked at Dodge Larmie & GMC Denali. Its in the small details that Ford pulls ahead aside they didn't take gov bailout money. With Dodge it seemed to shift a little harder plus it was dead last in tow ratings. When looking at these trucks, you want the most towing. Not many faults in GMC, but the nav was hard to use, I didn't all the buttons around the driver disp that are in 1 spot w/Ford. Inlaws swear by the alison trans. I trust the al trans, its what surrounds it that I don't think will last.

Not Tough Enough
By ray190 on 11/24/11 18:37 PM (PST)

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I ours he'd this track and know I have found out that I can not put a snow plow on this truck? it's not strong enough that what Ford says. i have plowed snow in SE VA for 20 years now and do it with 2WD 3/4ton pick ups all the time. I purchased what I thought was a heavy duty truck that could do work not just go get a 6pack. I have tried to contact Ford and it's a joke. I Manage a fleet of 45 trucks and vans. I will not be purchasing any more fords.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty in VA is:

$135 per month*