Used 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-250-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Superduty disappointment
By Barry

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 F-250 with the new 6.2V8, and 3.73 gears (has a 5th wheel towing capacity of 12,000 lbs). Truck was awesome until I pinned onto my 5th wheel! The vehicle is way underpowered to handle a 10,000 lb trailer. It would shift constantly between 5th and 2nd speed to maintain highway speeds (40 to 55 mph) reaching 5000 rpm at times. Dealer tried the truck himself, and could not believe the lack of torque & HP. He was most helpful by taking the truck back, and ordering a new one with the 4.30 gears. I am hoping it will pull, but am afraid it will be thirsty!

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, SYNC feature, and the roominess of the crew cab

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to freshen up the box of the truck, it looks like it was left over from an old 1990ies truck. Towing capacities should reflect more obtainable results. The 'towing capacities' are greatly over estimated.

2011 F250 LEMON
By Dr. Smith

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my new $65k truck 9/06/2010, on 9/21 had smoke boiling up under hood, truck into service 9/24/2011, still have not gotten truck back as of 10/12/2010. The truck has literally been in the shop equal to the number of days I drove it. I have not had my truck for 18 days a counting. Ford refused to take the truck back so now I'm stuck with a truck I'll never feel to be reliable. So much for "Built Ford Tough" . 12 more days and they take it back as a true Lemon. Stay clear!

Favorite Features

I love the truck, when I had it. But when you spend $55,000-$65,000 you want to drive that truck, not a loaner car while your truck is in the shop 50% of its life.

Suggested Improvements

Improve customer service with people that at least sound like they care.

My 2011 6.2 F250
By Mike

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've got 1300 miles on the truck. Today I used the manual transmission option and to my surprise pulling my 20 foot boat on a tandem trailer, windy and hilly it really did a nice job. Was able to keep the power and rpm where I wanted them. A very pleasant surprise. Great truck. 12 mpg city. About 9 mpg pulling in ugly conditions so far. Rides nice. Seats are softer. Heat and cooling seats are nice in a Lariat. Will be taking it on a 1,000 mile trip in a month to see what the mileage is.

Favorite Features

Power mirrors. Backup camera. Heating and cooling seats. The manual shifting option for towing (very nice - eliminates a lot of up and down shifting). Nice soft seats. Good ride. Turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Make a garage door option standard. It has everything else.

Not impressed
By JDMATEJCEK

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has been in the shop for a hesitation problem 5 times. They have put computers on it and I had to push a bottom when it was acting up. They tell me it is normal if it is, I want my 2009 DURA MAX back. The only reason I bought it was thanks to [violative content deleted] running GM. The mileage towing my 5th wheel has been getting worse as time goes on. I'm down to about 8.2 mpg. I wish Ford would buy this one back and I WOULD BUY THE CHEVY AGAIN even with Obamby in charge. On one trip my wife and I were going down the highway and a/c turned in to a heater for no reason. This truck is a piece.

Favorite Features

Gauges

Suggested Improvements

Mileage

It's a Brute!
By LK

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Driving the "KING" 250 super duty Lariat (loaded version) for 4100 miles with 6.7 power stroke and find the truck solid as a rock. This is my first Ford truck; driven GMC/Chevy products for years. Over 18 mpg around town and over 19 mpg highway. Trailer towing is cake. No smoke and no noise for the new scorpion engine. Power up the whazzoo. Six speed transmission is smooth and not overly busy. It's early but have had other new trucks back many times in less miles.

Favorite Features

All aspects have been well thought out and doing what it's supposed to do.

Suggested Improvements

Too easy to shift past D into M, have been taken by surprise couple of times. Fit/alignment of some body parts are so-so.