Used 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Built Ford Tough
By Dinoburner

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 2011 6.7 Diesel is powerful, quiet and still gives good fuel economy. The interior is fantastic. It's functional yet has many features that you'd find in a high end car. I am really impressed with the insync and display functions. I've gotten several comments from co-workers, envious of this vehicle. I love this truck!

Power, insync and build quality.

Add a garage door opening feature standard.

Happy So Far
By chipwill

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I only have about 700 Miles On My XLT 4x4 So Far So Good , No Problem, This is My First New Ford truck In About 20 Years , Great Ride , Radio Could Be Better, Blue Tooth Standard Would Be Nice. Fuel Mileage Is At 13.6 MPG

Nice Ride For Heavy Duty Truck

Better Radio, More Storage Space

Outta the Park!
By FoMoCoBob

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Only have had my new Powerstroke F250 one week, and just love it! Getting ready to purchase a slide in camper, so started with the truck first. I definitely won't have any problems with any RV I choose. This truck is a true workhorse with indescribable power, but still has all the bells and whistles to make you want to drive it every day. Only have 150 miles on it so far, so can't really assess fuel economy or build quality just yet, but my first impression is great. I would be surprised if this would change over time. Very important for me to buy American - built in the Bluegrass State. Keep up the good work, Ford. You've got a great vehicle!

6.7 L Powerstroke engine! 800 ft lbs of torque - what can I say! Great styling - no questions it is a rugged truck. Lariat package with comfortable seats -at 6'2" no problems. LCD Productivity Screen is high tech. Sync system works great with phone and Ipod. Remote start works from my bedroom!

Nothing really, but to nitpick, there needs to be more interior lighting. Need rear dome light in cab, plus foot well lighting would be nice. Maybe ambient lighting a-la Ford's CUV's? Enhanced gauge package with LCD screen to include pyrometer, oil pressure, voltage, tire pressure, etc.

2011 F-250 Amazing
By Wade Ratcliff

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I hope everyone's experience with their 6.7L Power Stroke F-250 is as good as mine has been so far, 6 weeks in. I purchased a 2011 F-250 6.7L PS, 4door, 4wd crew cab FX4, spec'd out and ordered. I sold my 2008 6.4L Power Stroke (reluctantly) to get the new one. I say "reluctantly" because it was a great truck with only two areas I would have liked improved--fuel mileage and turbo lag (from a dead stop). As we say in the South "boys, let me tell ya," Ford improved both and improved them well. Power and response is nothing short of amazing. Fuel mileage is 17 mpg in town and 20 mpg hwy (65 mph). Hwy mileage drops to about 17.5 to 18 mpg at 75 mph and I have 3:55 EL axle with 18" wheels.

Amazing power and response with low noise. Fuel mileage is also great and my truck just hit 1,500 miles today--so it should only improve. I had to special order a "camper package" (1 extra helper leaf with stabilizer) to get 3:55 EL ratio with 18" wheels (only choice with 18" wheels is 3:31)

Wish the front grill came up with the hood like on 2008 through 2010 models as I like to inspect radiator and blow out with an air hose when needed. Wish you got true "All Terrain Tires" when you ordered FX4 with 18" wheels and not street tires. Otherwise, awesome job guys!!

Superduty disappointment
By Barry

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 F-250 with the new 6.2V8, and 3.73 gears (has a 5th wheel towing capacity of 12,000 lbs). Truck was awesome until I pinned onto my 5th wheel! The vehicle is way underpowered to handle a 10,000 lb trailer. It would shift constantly between 5th and 2nd speed to maintain highway speeds (40 to 55 mph) reaching 5000 rpm at times. Dealer tried the truck himself, and could not believe the lack of torque & HP. He was most helpful by taking the truck back, and ordering a new one with the 4.30 gears. I am hoping it will pull, but am afraid it will be thirsty!

Exterior looks, SYNC feature, and the roominess of the crew cab

Ford needs to freshen up the box of the truck, it looks like it was left over from an old 1990ies truck. Towing capacities should reflect more obtainable results. The 'towing capacities' are greatly over estimated.