2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Superduty disappointment
By Barry on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 F-250 with the new 6.2V8, and 3.73 gears (has a 5th wheel towing capacity of 12,000 lbs). Truck was awesome until I pinned onto my 5th wheel! The vehicle is way underpowered to handle a 10,000 lb trailer. It would shift constantly between 5th and 2nd speed to maintain highway speeds (40 to 55 mph) reaching 5000 rpm at times. Dealer tried the truck himself, and could not believe the lack of torque & HP. He was most helpful by taking the truck back, and ordering a new one with the 4.30 gears. I am hoping it will pull, but am afraid it will be thirsty!

2011 F250 LEMON
By Dr. Smith on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my new $65k truck 9/06/2010, on 9/21 had smoke boiling up under hood, truck into service 9/24/2011, still have not gotten truck back as of 10/12/2010. The truck has literally been in the shop equal to the number of days I drove it. I have not had my truck for 18 days a counting. Ford refused to take the truck back so now I'm stuck with a truck I'll never feel to be reliable. So much for "Built Ford Tough" . 12 more days and they take it back as a true Lemon. Stay clear!

My 2011 6.2 F250
By Mike on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've got 1300 miles on the truck. Today I used the manual transmission option and to my surprise pulling my 20 foot boat on a tandem trailer, windy and hilly it really did a nice job. Was able to keep the power and rpm where I wanted them. A very pleasant surprise. Great truck. 12 mpg city. About 9 mpg pulling in ugly conditions so far. Rides nice. Seats are softer. Heat and cooling seats are nice in a Lariat. Will be taking it on a 1,000 mile trip in a month to see what the mileage is.

Not impressed
By JDMATEJCEK on 09/01/10 03:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has been in the shop for a hesitation problem 5 times. They have put computers on it and I had to push a bottom when it was acting up. They tell me it is normal if it is, I want my 2009 DURA MAX back. The only reason I bought it was thanks to [violative content deleted] running GM. The mileage towing my 5th wheel has been getting worse as time goes on. I'm down to about 8.2 mpg. I wish Ford would buy this one back and I WOULD BUY THE CHEVY AGAIN even with Obamby in charge. On one trip my wife and I were going down the highway and a/c turned in to a heater for no reason. This truck is a piece.

It's a Brute!
By LK on 08/17/10 11:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Driving the "KING" 250 super duty Lariat (loaded version) for 4100 miles with 6.7 power stroke and find the truck solid as a rock. This is my first Ford truck; driven GMC/Chevy products for years. Over 18 mpg around town and over 19 mpg highway. Trailer towing is cake. No smoke and no noise for the new scorpion engine. Power up the whazzoo. Six speed transmission is smooth and not overly busy. It's early but have had other new trucks back many times in less miles.

It"s Pretty Good, But
By JW on 07/25/10 20:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's a diesel with 6600 miles already on it and I think its a pretty good truck. Mileage isn't quite as good as I thought it would be, about 14 in town and 18 on the highway. It's 4wd with the 3.55 rear-end, wish it had the 3.31, mileage would be better. It came with the Ultimate Lariat package which makes it the nicest truck I've ever driven. There is a bit of an issue with the key/remote, it seems to work when it wants to. Took it on a trip Houston to Dayton, OH and back and it drove great. At 5500 I had to add some DEF, found it a a truck stop, 2.5 gallon container with a spout for about $15.00. There was some towing in the first 5500 miles.

For diesel this is it!
By Jon Tronowsky on 05/25/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just took delivery two weeks ago. The 6.7 diesel engines just breathes confidence and power. Extremely quiet cabin unlike all other diesels in this class. Averaging 19.5 highway, 16 City. Bought for use with cabover truck camper. Ride is excellent while carrying 2300 lb payload. Very little sway and averaged 14.5 mpg over 300 mile trip loaded. A great truck, excellent seats and interior cabin design. This is a smart truck. Study the owner's manual to enjoy all the features, especially the navigation system.

First Super Duty. Love this truck
By Tim on 05/16/10 21:55 PM (PDT)

Exceptional vehicle.

Wow!
By smokey on 05/09/10 18:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's really early in the game to call this thing a success yet, but wow! This truck has incredible power, interior is better than any out there. My biggest concern was powertrain reliability and fuel economy. The latter is showing around 19 on the highway, city driving around 16. I'll have to wait to see how she holds up. So far, awesome!

Shortbed non hitch capable
By greek on 05/05/10 13:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just found out after buying a 60,000 dollar 2011 superduty that i cannot mount any 5th wheel or goose neck hitch at this time. on a short bed this is through my dealership talking to ford engineers. they are working on the problem. please alert potential buyers now.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew-cab in VA is:

$133 per month*