Used 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

I have on Intermittent problem
By 2011xltfx4

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 F250 with 2300 miles on it and everything is good except like everyone I would like better that 12.8 MPG. The probelm that I am having is that when I leave from work I have to get to 55 mph right away and on 6 occations (not really pushing it hard) the truck shifts to 2nd and then shifts back to 1st and it feels like it died. This never happens anywhere else. I don't think that it is hurting anything as long as I don't over rev the engine but I am going to attempt to get it fixed. I wonder if antone else has had this problem.

2011 Update
By smokey

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Well it's now been 6 months with my new diesel and it's been great! The only thing I took the truck in for was an update to flash the truck to 400 hp, 800 ft. lb of torque. This new diesel has been a major success so far, don't believe some of the negative reviews as they are probably being submitted by competitors. Ford seems to really be on top of this diesel and wants feedback from its customers.

Favorite Features

Towing, car-like ride, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Front grille

Amazing Power
By 7.6 Powerstroke

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 crew cab Lariat with the new 6.7 power stroke. I have put 2500 miles on it so far. Just pulled my 40' fifth wheel on a 300 mile trip. The total weight with trailer and truck was 24,400 lbs. Averaged 10 mpg, the pulling power was amazing as was the new transmission. I set the Cruise at 70 mph and it held it with no problem, very little shifting. My last truck was a 6.0 with a power chip, the new truck wins hands down! The mileage empty is not as good as I had hoped, it gets 16-17 mpg with the Cruise set at 80. I know a few people with these trucks, they will not get the 22+ that people are talking about. Overall a powerful, comfortable truck that drives amazing.

Favorite Features

Power, Comfort, Handles big loads very well.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage, Price

6.2 f250 4k miles
By Skeeter

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I took a 1k trip last weekend empty. Set the cruise on 75 and got 15.5 which I'm thinking is a good start since not everything is flat here. On the way back I ran 80+ mph and got into the 13mpg range but can't expect much at that speed. When pulling my 15,000, 4 slide 5th wheel I use the manual shift option and that eliminates any up and down shifting unless I want to and I'm able to maintain a nice power range keeping the tach in the 2200 - 2800 area or wherever I need it. Very satisfied so far. Had a 2005 6.o before.

Favorite Features

Nice ride, turning radius, electric mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

None yet.

2011 F-250 Amazing
By Wade Ratcliff

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I hope everyone's experience with their 6.7L Power Stroke F-250 is as good as mine has been so far, 6 weeks in. I purchased a 2011 F-250 6.7L PS, 4door, 4wd crew cab FX4, spec'd out and ordered. I sold my 2008 6.4L Power Stroke (reluctantly) to get the new one. I say "reluctantly" because it was a great truck with only two areas I would have liked improved--fuel mileage and turbo lag (from a dead stop). As we say in the South "boys, let me tell ya," Ford improved both and improved them well. Power and response is nothing short of amazing. Fuel mileage is 17 mpg in town and 20 mpg hwy (65 mph). Hwy mileage drops to about 17.5 to 18 mpg at 75 mph and I have 3:55 EL axle with 18" wheels.

Favorite Features

Amazing power and response with low noise. Fuel mileage is also great and my truck just hit 1,500 miles today--so it should only improve. I had to special order a "camper package" (1 extra helper leaf with stabilizer) to get 3:55 EL ratio with 18" wheels (only choice with 18" wheels is 3:31)

Suggested Improvements

Wish the front grill came up with the hood like on 2008 through 2010 models as I like to inspect radiator and blow out with an air hose when needed. Wish you got true "All Terrain Tires" when you ordered FX4 with 18" wheels and not street tires. Otherwise, awesome job guys!!