Used 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

What an Amazing Truck> Couldn't be happier
By sshoffner

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is by far the best truck i've owned. I have been a GM man but with all the issues from my 2008 2500HD diesel i had to try something different. Also, not very happy with the whole government motors thing. Anyway, this truck gets great fuel mileage as i'm seeing 19-20mpg on the hwy and the power is just unreal. Tows my 13K trailer like its a feather. Inside the seats are comfortable and theres so much more room than the GM trucks. I was very hesitant about moving over to Ford but now i'm glad i did.

Favorite Features

power, fuel mileage, ride

Suggested Improvements

none

I have on Intermittent problem
By 2011xltfx4

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 F250 with 2300 miles on it and everything is good except like everyone I would like better that 12.8 MPG. The probelm that I am having is that when I leave from work I have to get to 55 mph right away and on 6 occations (not really pushing it hard) the truck shifts to 2nd and then shifts back to 1st and it feels like it died. This never happens anywhere else. I don't think that it is hurting anything as long as I don't over rev the engine but I am going to attempt to get it fixed. I wonder if antone else has had this problem.

2011 Update
By smokey

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Well it's now been 6 months with my new diesel and it's been great! The only thing I took the truck in for was an update to flash the truck to 400 hp, 800 ft. lb of torque. This new diesel has been a major success so far, don't believe some of the negative reviews as they are probably being submitted by competitors. Ford seems to really be on top of this diesel and wants feedback from its customers.

Favorite Features

Towing, car-like ride, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Front grille

Amazing Power
By 7.6 Powerstroke

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 crew cab Lariat with the new 6.7 power stroke. I have put 2500 miles on it so far. Just pulled my 40' fifth wheel on a 300 mile trip. The total weight with trailer and truck was 24,400 lbs. Averaged 10 mpg, the pulling power was amazing as was the new transmission. I set the Cruise at 70 mph and it held it with no problem, very little shifting. My last truck was a 6.0 with a power chip, the new truck wins hands down! The mileage empty is not as good as I had hoped, it gets 16-17 mpg with the Cruise set at 80. I know a few people with these trucks, they will not get the 22+ that people are talking about. Overall a powerful, comfortable truck that drives amazing.

Favorite Features

Power, Comfort, Handles big loads very well.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage, Price

6.2 f250 4k miles
By Skeeter

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I took a 1k trip last weekend empty. Set the cruise on 75 and got 15.5 which I'm thinking is a good start since not everything is flat here. On the way back I ran 80+ mph and got into the 13mpg range but can't expect much at that speed. When pulling my 15,000, 4 slide 5th wheel I use the manual shift option and that eliminates any up and down shifting unless I want to and I'm able to maintain a nice power range keeping the tach in the 2200 - 2800 area or wherever I need it. Very satisfied so far. Had a 2005 6.o before.

Favorite Features

Nice ride, turning radius, electric mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

None yet.