2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Built Ford Tough
By Dinoburner on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 2011 6.7 Diesel is powerful, quiet and still gives good fuel economy. The interior is fantastic. It's functional yet has many features that you'd find in a high end car. I am really impressed with the insync and display functions. I've gotten several comments from co-workers, envious of this vehicle. I love this truck!

Happy So Far
By chipwill on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I only have about 700 Miles On My XLT 4x4 So Far So Good , No Problem, This is My First New Ford truck In About 20 Years , Great Ride , Radio Could Be Better, Blue Tooth Standard Would Be Nice. Fuel Mileage Is At 13.6 MPG

Outta the Park!
By FoMoCoBob on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Only have had my new Powerstroke F250 one week, and just love it! Getting ready to purchase a slide in camper, so started with the truck first. I definitely won't have any problems with any RV I choose. This truck is a true workhorse with indescribable power, but still has all the bells and whistles to make you want to drive it every day. Only have 150 miles on it so far, so can't really assess fuel economy or build quality just yet, but my first impression is great. I would be surprised if this would change over time. Very important for me to buy American - built in the Bluegrass State. Keep up the good work, Ford. You've got a great vehicle!

2011 F-250 Amazing
By Wade Ratcliff on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I hope everyone's experience with their 6.7L Power Stroke F-250 is as good as mine has been so far, 6 weeks in. I purchased a 2011 F-250 6.7L PS, 4door, 4wd crew cab FX4, spec'd out and ordered. I sold my 2008 6.4L Power Stroke (reluctantly) to get the new one. I say "reluctantly" because it was a great truck with only two areas I would have liked improved--fuel mileage and turbo lag (from a dead stop). As we say in the South "boys, let me tell ya," Ford improved both and improved them well. Power and response is nothing short of amazing. Fuel mileage is 17 mpg in town and 20 mpg hwy (65 mph). Hwy mileage drops to about 17.5 to 18 mpg at 75 mph and I have 3:55 EL axle with 18" wheels.

Superduty disappointment
By Barry on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 F-250 with the new 6.2V8, and 3.73 gears (has a 5th wheel towing capacity of 12,000 lbs). Truck was awesome until I pinned onto my 5th wheel! The vehicle is way underpowered to handle a 10,000 lb trailer. It would shift constantly between 5th and 2nd speed to maintain highway speeds (40 to 55 mph) reaching 5000 rpm at times. Dealer tried the truck himself, and could not believe the lack of torque & HP. He was most helpful by taking the truck back, and ordering a new one with the 4.30 gears. I am hoping it will pull, but am afraid it will be thirsty!

2011 F250 LEMON
By Dr. Smith on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my new $65k truck 9/06/2010, on 9/21 had smoke boiling up under hood, truck into service 9/24/2011, still have not gotten truck back as of 10/12/2010. The truck has literally been in the shop equal to the number of days I drove it. I have not had my truck for 18 days a counting. Ford refused to take the truck back so now I'm stuck with a truck I'll never feel to be reliable. So much for "Built Ford Tough" . 12 more days and they take it back as a true Lemon. Stay clear!

My 2011 6.2 F250
By Mike on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've got 1300 miles on the truck. Today I used the manual transmission option and to my surprise pulling my 20 foot boat on a tandem trailer, windy and hilly it really did a nice job. Was able to keep the power and rpm where I wanted them. A very pleasant surprise. Great truck. 12 mpg city. About 9 mpg pulling in ugly conditions so far. Rides nice. Seats are softer. Heat and cooling seats are nice in a Lariat. Will be taking it on a 1,000 mile trip in a month to see what the mileage is.

Not impressed
By JDMATEJCEK on 09/01/10 03:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has been in the shop for a hesitation problem 5 times. They have put computers on it and I had to push a bottom when it was acting up. They tell me it is normal if it is, I want my 2009 DURA MAX back. The only reason I bought it was thanks to [violative content deleted] running GM. The mileage towing my 5th wheel has been getting worse as time goes on. I'm down to about 8.2 mpg. I wish Ford would buy this one back and I WOULD BUY THE CHEVY AGAIN even with Obamby in charge. On one trip my wife and I were going down the highway and a/c turned in to a heater for no reason. This truck is a piece.

It's a Brute!
By LK on 08/17/10 11:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Driving the "KING" 250 super duty Lariat (loaded version) for 4100 miles with 6.7 power stroke and find the truck solid as a rock. This is my first Ford truck; driven GMC/Chevy products for years. Over 18 mpg around town and over 19 mpg highway. Trailer towing is cake. No smoke and no noise for the new scorpion engine. Power up the whazzoo. Six speed transmission is smooth and not overly busy. It's early but have had other new trucks back many times in less miles.

F250 2011 Super Duty XLT 2wd 'tow equip'
By VJT on 08/10/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Mixed driving around town and highway the truck, unloaded, operated at 14.2 MPG. Used the truck on a 3500 mile trip loaded with a slide-in camper - it did not do so well. Operated at 10.0 to 13.5 MPG depending on terrain and wind conditions. Struggled with highway speeds - most times could not maintain highway speed - disappointed with the lack of torque and power. The drive train needs to be repaired as the universal joints are already sloppy (they clang-ring whenever transmission is put into 'D' or 'R' from 'P'). From all indication the title 'super duty' is a misnomer. Camper weight = 2240 lbs, only a fraction of what FoMoCo advertises the truck can handle. Pretty sad indeed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty in VA is:

$170 per month*