2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
2009 F250 XLT Crew Cab (6.4) automatic 4x4
By haulsalot1 on 04/17/14 14:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought this truck new for pulling a 31 ft. camper and have loved every mile. Pulling power is excellent and gets decent MPG for a large crew cab. I have had the truck for 5 years and no issues. I had one recall but that was for the tires. I now have 43,000 miles on it and do not plan on getting rid of it any time soon. Did I tell you the pulling power is amazing!

No more Ford for me
By slim01 on 02/11/13 08:07 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

09 F250 6.4 kicked code during a trip to Galveston(350 m from home). Auto parts store 4 reset because it was in constant regen. Recorded code and took into dealer. Had truck two days, told nothing they could do because code was not in computer (35K miles). Asked "what happens if it does this again" service manager told me "just don't drive to far from the dealer and bring it in next time". Both batts dead (37k). Noticed slight drip of coolant (46k miles). Dealer: both radiator hoses bad and needed replaced. $683. Not covered by warranty. Took to local shop. Determined bad o ring in the upper hose only (is covered by warranty). New hose ebay $44. $50 for local shop. No more Ford 4 me.

Truck is somewhat disappointed me
By Christian on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overall, this truck has performed well. However, at 6,400 miles the truck left me stranded on the side of the road at 4 a.m. "Miles to Empty" message center was reading 46 miles to empty (light had just illuminated 4 miles earlier) and truck lost power and died. Towed to Ford dealer. Had to pay over $150 in diagnostics because it was out of fuel. Ford will not acknowledge anything wrong with miles to empty calculator and was told to keep fuel tank 1/2 fuel to prevent problem. Ford customer svc was not helpful and refused to admit anything was wrong with the truck. Ford service tech admitted he's seen this before and Ford has a serious problem with these units. Last Ford purchase.

strong a - - Truck
By nice job on 12/29/09 01:47 AM (PST)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is one very srong pulling truck. nice ride,looks great,Love that turbo feel and sound. Make's almost any pulling job seem like it isnt even there. I average 17.0 mpg 65mph. 10,000 mile's on it now.

F-250 Lariet
By Fourth Ford F-250 on 11/22/09 23:33 PM (PST)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This 6.4L diesel F-250 is my fourth Ford deisel ( 2 - 7.3L's and one 6.0L ) and it seems to be the best engine design yet - had a slight fuel problem with the 6.0L. The 6.4L has plenty of power and the truck rides extremely well. Mileage is lousy, only 13 - 14 mpg( 4WD hurts )but the trade off in power and safety and comfort are worth it. Especially like the navigation system, Sync, power folding mirrors, and interior roominess. Wife loves the heated leather seats. The tailgate step is great as are the 6" cab steps in the chrome pkge. I would HIGHLY recommend getting the electic auxillary cab heater ( one of the only options I passed up ), because of the increased cooling system capacity. HAPPY

Satisfied in Utah
By Dave in Utah on 09/01/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

It was time to trade out of my 92 F250. It gave me good service for 18 Years. This new one is my third truck. If this one gives me as good of service as the previous two fords, I will be happy. This is my first diesel. I pull a 30 foot 5th wheel. Looking forward to the power of the diesel. So far I love the truck. The ride and comfort inside are great. Still learning how to use all the conveniences. The color (Red) with the chrome package is a real eye pleaser. It has most of the bells and whistles. I love the tailgate step and folding mirrors. Makes it easy to get int he garage. Was worried it would not fit but it does. I could not ask for more at this time.

fast
By bj on 08/07/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I get 18 in the country and 21 on the highway in my 2009 ford diesel f250.I get 14 pulling a 13000 lbs hay trailer and pulls it easy.

2009 Ford F250 Harley Davison 6.4l diese
By Leo on 07/22/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Hi, since the first week of december I have this truck and I don't have any problems. MSRP 62k got all. I got a 29' (9000L) and you don't even realize is back. Gas mileage is 14mpg average on 6.4L diesel but is a big truck. No complains

2009 f250 5.4 crew cab
By dissapointed on 06/19/09 05:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ok this is my story. My first truck was a 2008 f250 5.4 cc the windshild had a bad leak and water got into the drivers side dash the truck developed some electricial problems so the dealership had to buy it back as a lemon. Thinking this was a fluke I bought another f250 sd cc 5.4 v8 two months later the windshild wipers would not turn off. The dealership told me it was a bad wiper motor. The gas mileage is bad at only 13mpg average. But hay you dont buy a big truck to worry about gas you buy it to haul pull whatever.The truck with the 5.4 is not a power house. I pull a 28ft travel trailer the truck has no problem susspenion wise but the 5.4 realy lacks the pulling power almost scarey

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty in VA is:

$87 per month*